• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tell me sonic stuff guys !

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I've been trying to pick up a non melee character and sonic looks like way to much fun. So to all the competent sonic mains out there. Tell me what i need to know. what his playstyle like? what are good approaches, pressure options, recovery options? any borderline broken move that i should know about ?

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
The main playstyle all Sonic Players are Hit and Run use Dash Dancing to bait opponent and punish for pressure down b is pretty good on shield and thats all the pressure hit wise Sonic has his best approach is nair and maybe homing attack now recovering options are spinshot Homing Attack/Blast Attack Spring bair than air dodge and Spring bair near wall and wall jump the air dodge is to the stage is really the only useful option and when you do the Spring you can footstool to up b again very useful in Doubles with a Puff and you can wavedash out of side b and press a during side b to do a slide kick and Most sonic players use Down B and turn the other way and jump or dair (other option like bair uair and fair) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX51zksFQdA 1:42 & 1:51 and when you Down B you can press the shield button to do a skid stop

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Ok so I've been trying to pick up a non melee character and sonic looks like way to much fun. So to all the competent sonic mains out there. Tell me what i need to know. what his playstyle like? what are good approaches, pressure options, recovery options? any borderline broken move that i should know about ?
I see you on every character thread asking the same general questions about characters. You even start off similar for each thread. You gonna try on maining the entire cast or something?

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
ya
I see you on every character thread asking the same general questions about characters. You even start off similar for each thread. You gonna try on maining the entire cast or something?
Im trying the learn the basics of each character.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
ya

Im trying the learn the basics of each character.
You should probably stick to two or three characters that you want to use rather than trying to learn 40 different characters. Not saying you couldn't be good on a competitive level with every character in the game, but it seems extremely counter productive to try and learn every character in the game. And besides some of these things you kinda have to figure out on your own. If you really want to learn the basics of EVERY character then go into training mode and practice with each one solo and try and figure things out, maybe watch some videos as assistance.

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
You should probably stick to two or three characters that you want to use rather than trying to learn 40 different characters. Not saying you couldn't be good on a competitive level with every character in the game, but it seems extremely counter productive to try and learn every character in the game. And besides some of these things you kinda have to figure out on your own. If you really want to learn the basics of EVERY character then go into training mode and practice with each one solo and try and figure things out, maybe watch some videos as assistance.
well im not going to play everyone in tourny, but knowing how a character works can really help with matchups

Top Bottom