• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tell Me Literally ALL the things.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
I want to know literally EVERYTHING this character does.

From what's good in the neutral, what's good on the offense, EG tactics, everything.

I want a collective pool of information from anyone and EVERYONE who has information on Meta Knight.

Thanks in advance.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Then look around for different threads in the meta knight part. You'll get all your information there.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

From what's good in the neutral, what's good on the offense, EG tactics, everything.

I want a collective pool of information from anyone and EVERYONE who has information on Meta Knight.

Thanks in advance.
try this amazing website
and if you wanna learn tricks and crap, try search through this
so ez even my unborn son could do

Last edited:

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
Yeah what they said, putting it all into one thread like this would just be very disorganized and repetitive or things that have already been posted to this area of the forums.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord

Thanks in advance.
I would advice to look through the other MK threads first there are a few gems in lots of posts. If you have more specific questions, I will try to answer, but I find it difficult to cover such a general, broad question (where to start?).

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
I would advice to look through the other MK threads first there are a few gems in lots of posts. If you have more specific questions, I will try to answer, but I find it difficult to cover such a general, broad question (where to start?).
I noticed Meta Knight has like 1000 frame traps.

The ones I use often are: F-Tilt(1) > D-Tilt, F-Tilt(2) > D-Tilt, F-Tilt(1) > DD(Just 1 pivot to bait a spot dodge) > Grab, D-Tilt > DD > Grab, D-Tilt > Nair.

If you have any frame-traps other than those, please share them with me.

Also, I wanna know what movement habits I should practice.

In the neutral, I tend to DD and jump around while using down B for aerial movement and wait for an opportunity to present itself.

And when I open them up, I go super HAM lol.

But I wanna know what other people do so I can develop my style more.

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
Why not do as others have suggested and actually utilize the forums and/or YouTube? There's literally a Meta Knight guide thread just below this one. You just want to be spoon-fed though, I guess!

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I noticed Meta Knight has like 1000 frame traps.

The ones I use often are: F-Tilt(1) > D-Tilt, F-Tilt(2) > D-Tilt, F-Tilt(1) > DD(Just 1 pivot to bait a spot dodge) > Grab, D-Tilt > DD > Grab, D-Tilt > Nair.

If you have any frame-traps other than those, please share them with me.

Also, I wanna know what movement habits I should practice.

In the neutral, I tend to DD and jump around while using down B for aerial movement and wait for an opportunity to present itself.

And when I open them up, I go super HAM lol.

But I wanna know what other people do so I can develop my style more.
Well, apart from frame traps, everykind of sh tricks are essential, nair and tomahawk mainly, and it is very important to know the different ways of controlling your horizontal movement while doing nairs etc, so dash->sh, sh forward, backward or neutral, as well as the baits and fakeouts, which MK normally does with movement.
Movement habits to practice:
- Dash forward -> WD back
- Run-cancel -> any ground move
- Pivot (empty pivot, pivot f-tilt) moves during initial dash
- extended dashdance (initial dash->run->run-cancel by crouching as fast as possible->initial dash as fast as poosible->reverse direction)

I can also recommend reading this thread, it contains much information about the neutral game

Why not do as others have suggested and actually utilize the forums and/or YouTube? There's literally a Meta Knight guide thread just below this one. You just want to be spoon-fed though, I guess!
This is a forum... No need to attack him

Last edited:

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
Actually I made this thread in the hopes of learning the way I'd learn in person.

By learning what other people do and add that stuff to my own stuff so I can get better.

If that offends you. . . well I don't know what to do for you. lol

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
Well, apart from frame traps, everykind of sh tricks are essential, nair and tomahawk mainly, and it is very important to know the different ways of controlling your horizontal movement while doing nairs etc, so dash->sh, sh forward, backward or neutral, as well as the baits and fakeouts, which MK normally does with movement.
Movement habits to practice:
- Dash forward -> WD back
- Run-cancel -> any ground move
- Pivot (empty pivot, pivot f-tilt) moves during initial dash
- extended dashdance (initial dash->run->run-cancel by crouching as fast as possible->initial dash as fast as poosible->reverse direction)

I can also recommend reading this thread, it contains much information about the neutral game

Thanks mane. I'll look into that.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
yall chumps need some nair>full hope falling options
and some nair/fair tomahawks
op'd
people just cry when i trap'em with those
mk op