• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tell me if this amiibo idea sounds stupid or not...

Mark Helsing

Smash Rookie
I help run an anime convention and we always like to have a video game room, usually with Smash Bros tournaments being held throughout the day. Naturally, Sm4sh will be played nonstop once the next con rolls around and we're probably going to make the grand raffle prize something Sm4sh themed. What if, now hear me out, we have a special tournament/cockfighting ring where participants have to use their amiibos that they've leveled up and have them fight each other. Would that be interesting to watch? Or would it have to be a 2v2 with a real person and his/her amiibo vs another real person+amiibo?

(Sidenote: I'm not actually in charge of the game tournaments but I think it might be a neat idea to bring up at a meeting)

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
1000+ people were willing to watch level 9 cpus play in ZeRo's stream on Brawl and found it entertaining. I'm sure an amiibo event would please the crowd to a certain extent.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Announcer: IT LOOKS LIKE HE IS BRINGING OUT AN AMIIBO!!!!!!!!!!!!

But anyway, You can just leave the game on and have your Amiibo have the highest level in no time.

I have already had this idea of someone bringing out an amiibo during a tourney and i think it would be kind of awesome. But it's so easy to ban them anyway.

And your idea of having Amiibo's fight eachother is just kind of stupid though since it's a fight of "See who let there Amiibo level up the longest..".

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm sure people would get a certain degree of enjoyment out of it. I personally plan to do 2v2 matches where you play alongside your own versus a player and theirs, and that would interest me more at an event, but as a side thing an Amiibo tourney would be time well spent.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246

But anyway, You can just leave the game on and have your Amiibo have the highest level in no time.

I have already had this idea of someone bringing out an amiibo during a tourney and i think it would be kind of awesome. But it's so easy to ban them anyway.

And your idea of having Amiibo's fight eachother is just kind of stupid though since it's a fight of "See who let there Amiibo level up the longest..".
I'm not sure you understand how the Amiibo's actually work.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Now, here's the question:

Who will upgrade their amiibo to the point it can take on Zero and Mew2King at the same time?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

There's a level cap of 50. After that, it's completely dependent on the AI that you teach it by playing to get the upper hand.

Top Bottom