• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Series Producer Talks About Smash 4 Development

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Source: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/147694..._namco_tekken_team_to_be_involved_harada.html
Content Contributor: Ankoku

Katsuhiro Harada, producer of the Tekken series, has come out an announced that Smash Bros 4 for the Wii U is a "big priority for the company".

NowGamer had the opportunity to sit with Harada and interview him on the progress and development of Smash 4. The bulk of the interview went as followed (as per the source website):

"Obviously it’s a big priority for the company," Harada explained, "so company-wide there are a lot of people involved with that particular project. Not just from Tekken but a lot of our franchises." Harada continued, "Although our main core staff is busy with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and trying to finish that up, I do think we’ll support the initiative in some kind of capacity."

We [NowGamer] also asked Harada if he knew of any Namco characters who would be appearing in Smash Bros. Wii U. Harada responded, "That question was one of the most frequently asked questions we got when we announced the project. Especially from abroad." The fans, rather than asking about Tales or Gundam, or some of our other franchises, the fans abroad saw Tekken as one of the key words and took off on that. We’re not really sure at this moment but when thinking of the playerbase who is playing Smash Bros, maybe Tekken characters is something they wouldn’t want, so I’ve been pulling back on that a bit. But I don’t know."

How will Harada's involvement with Smash 4 affect the newest installment? It appears Namco-Bandai's inclusion of the project has created an enormous enigma of uncertainty. Sakurai hinted in an earlier interview that Smash 4 will more than likely head towards a new direction, but could that direction move forward closer to the 2D fighter realm?

We'll see as things progress.

PzO

Smash Cadet
yoo first and I think we'll see devil in smash 4 lol

keero16

Smash Rookie
Nice to see that Namco is skeptical of putting their own franchises in the game. Not that I have anything against Namco, but he's right: Most people who play Smash play it for the Nintendo characters.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Nice to see that Namco is skeptical of putting their own franchises in the game. Not that I have anything against Namco, but he's right: Most people who play Smash play it for the Nintendo characters.
I agree, I've heard alot of good things about Tekken's directors/producers being very level headed and overly sensative when considering DLC and game content. I think we can rest assured that Smash is in good hands with these developers on board.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I definitely think pac man would for perfectly

:phone:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Eh..... I've never really been a huge Pac-man fan, especially when he went 3D. But if there is going to be a Namco character, then I can live with Pac-man.
I think myself and others would much prefer to see Lloyd from Tales

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
this also makes Digimon available I think. digimon and Pokemon together in one game?

xxbroken-gloryxx

Smash Rookie
Eh..... I've never really been a huge Pac-man fan, especially when he went 3D. But if there is going to be a Namco character, then I can live with Pac-man.
Agreed. I think that since Namco is a huge part of the production of the game, one of their characters will probably show up. But only if the fans demand it. Besides, Pac-Man could fit in like Captan Falcon did in the original smash. He may not be a fighter, but he could potentially fit very well.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Agreed. I think that since Namco is a huge part of the production of the game, one of their characters will probably show up. But only if the fans demand it. Besides, Pac-Man could fit in like Captan Falcon did in the original smash. He may not be a fighter, but he could potentially fit very well.
With his fighting moves from the world series alone, he's a great fighter and would fit in perfectly.

Sonallvegqu

Smash Cadet
I think adding any Tekken character is gonna feel really weird to a ssb game. There are many other franchises that Namco Bandai could explore into like Dig Dug, Klonoa, Tales series, Soul Calibur series, Digimon or Time Crisis.

Top Bottom