• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Revolution

SPRINGS02

Smash Rookie
Anybody been playing this? It's a free to play tekken game for ps3 where the focus is online. You have a limited pool of characters to choose from. It has arcade mode, player match and ranked match. You get tokens to play online(5 tokens) after you run out you have to wait for them to generate after a set period of time. You can also get a premium ticket, which is like a token but if you win the match you get it back, meaning if you win you can keep playing forever. It's kinda fun and i've had some fun with it. But it seriously has some HUGE flaws for a fighting game.

1. Namco added some moves called invincible arts, these moves weren't in any other tekken game. And they are just what they sound like, fast powerful moves that have invincible frames at the begging, they can literally just interrupt a combo at times because the punch won't effect them due to invincibility. Awful.

2. They added a stat system. You have power, endurance and vigor(critical hits and how fast you enter rage). It's absolutely terrible because you get skill points for playing any mode win or lose. This means that you will run into players that you know you're better than, but they have better stats and can kill you with literally 3 freaking attacks.

It's a pretty fun game, but these things have seriously marred what could of been a great free to play online fighter. I have no idea what the hell made namco think those elements would be a good idea to add. Oh yeah, Steve is my main. I'm also ok with bryan(haven't unlocked him on here yet) I'm a ranked at beserker as of now.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I just picked this up over the weekend. It's fun but for me kind of hard to "jump into". Maybe it's because I'm not a vetrain to the series. I main as Paul for now, and I definitely see much replay value to it..and trophies!!

Top Bottom