• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tek Lounge SSBB Tournaments (summer weekly @ NAPLES, FL? WTF?!?!)

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Mmhmm. Naples, FL...

Now that that's out of the way, yes, a little place called Tek Lounge will begin supporting weekly tournaments for SSBB every Tuesday for the summer if enough people can show up. I went to the first one yesterday and was a bit disappointed in that I was one of only about 9 people that played, and only one of 5 that played in the "tournament".

Anyway, what we need to have this happen and/or continue is to have at least 6 people every week. We had 5 people last week, and we'll probably get at least one more person by ourselves, but if anyone in the SWFL area can drop by that would be great too. More people means more fun (and potentially higher prizes).

Speaking of prizes, right now they're exclusive to Play N Trade giftcards ($50 last week), but the prizes will either increase or change depending on how many people show up. Regardless of the prizes it's just a really relaxed setting to just get together with some other competitive smashers in the immediate area and brawl.

Rules (as of 03 June 2008)...
))No items
))Neutral stages (FD, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville)
))Counterpick stages (PKMN Stadium 1, Luigi's Mansion, Delfino, Castle Siege, Corneria, Pirate Ship, Frigate)
))Banned (everything else, obviously)
))3-stock, 7:00, best 4 of 7 (all eligable to change depending on attendance number).

Other info...
))1 TV, 1 Wii. There is a possability of more of either, but I must call if this is the case. Contact me if you can bring either and I'll call to see if either are needed.
))Food/Drink: 2 snack machines, 1 soda can machine, 1 Monster machine, Jasons Deli near store , Pelican Larry's (bar) near store, Cici's Pizza near store, other food establishments in area. Please clean up after yourselves if you're bringing food inside.
))$18 admission (only pay if 6+ people show :p)
))Tek Lounge is an LAN center. You can use computers and such for an unknown price.
))Tek Lounge also has other tournaments throughout the week for the following games: Mario Kart Wii, CoD4, Warcraft 3, Rock Band, GH3, and Gears of War. Grab a flier before you leave if you're interested in any.
))Meets/tournaments are every Tuesday this summer, so long as enough people come.
))Starts @ 2pm, but is flexible enough to be able to wait for potentially late players (same goes for above games).

I know it's not the most formal or prize-worthy thing around right now, but it's fun and it's a good way to kill a Tuesday afternoon. And who knows, maybe if this generates enough talk it can become weekly even after the summer.

Will edit if anything changes.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Sets should be best 2 out of 3 with Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals being best 3 out of 5

A date would be cool too...

Top Bottom