• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Techs and combos to practice for competitive play?

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc
Been playing mario for about 2 weeks now and I'm a fan of his simplicity and combos. Going to give him a shot at my weekly school tournament, wanted to know what combos and techs should be practicing using mario?

origamiscienceguy

Smash Apprentice
Don’t focus on techniques until you have fundamentals down. Do you know how to space your back-air such that it is safe on block? Do you know when to sit in shield, and when you should be contesting a hitboxes with one of your own etc.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
I'm no Mario expert, but at the very least you'll want to learn how to do Reverse Aerial Rush (RAR) back-airs, as well as Reverse Jump-Cancel Up-Smash. Both are fairly easy to learn.

roysrevengefgc

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roysrevengefgc
Don’t focus on techniques until you have fundamentals down. Do you know how to space your back-air such that it is safe on block? Do you know when to sit in shield, and when you should be contesting a hitboxes with one of your own etc.
I do need to learn his hitboxes

Top Bottom