• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Technical skill"

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I find my tech skill goes out the window when im mentally strained in a high level match. My mind takes it easy on tech skill so I can worry about more important tactics like mindgames, approaches, etc.

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
I find my tech skill goes out the window when im mentally strained in a high level match. My mind takes it easy on tech skill so I can worry about more important tactics like mindgames, approaches, etc.
I think what you're describing is pretty common. That being said, even in your high level matches your tech skill is very solid. Once you're sufficiently comfortable with a technique, whether it requires high tech skill or low tech skill or anywhere in between, you just do it without thinking (which I think is ultimately the sign of a truly great technical player).

ѕupa

Smash Rookie
You don't see Falcons doing fastfall uairs from the side platforms on DL because it gives him any advantage.
it makes you look like you have huge balls and psyches the opponent out

addendum: it's just really cool to look at and it's kinda like doing a wheelie on your bike to all your friends at school like 'hey look what i can do after practicing in training mode for 30 minutes each day falling on my ass many times'

Last edited:

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
it makes you look like you have huge balls and psyches the opponent out

addendum: it's just really cool to look at and it's kinda like doing a wheelie on your bike to all your friends at school like 'hey look what i can do after practicing in training mode for 30 minutes each day falling on my *** many times'
If anyone here watched Road to Japan Top 8, Alvin lost game 2 vs my Kirby because he failed two times a Fast Falled Uair (I Di'd down on his uair string), which basically lost him the game.

Techskill matters

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
If anyone here watched Road to Japan Top 8, Alvin lost game 2 vs my Kirby because he failed two times a Fast Falled Uair (I Di'd down on his uair string), which basically lost him the game.

Techskill matters
quote from Rob "I quit smash but still check smashboards and tournaments" Stone.

tell FELIPE "...and jouske used a kirby that didn't pivot utilt more than two times to beat like six characters of boom's in a 12cb. spacing matters more."

Top Bottom