• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teching the side-B

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
I've seen it on the rarest of occasion (I think actually only once or twice) that an opponent gets grabbed by Ganondorf's side b and then techs out so to avoid the down tilt that generally follows. Even on match replays I've seen on youtube I don't really see it. Is it something that's just so hard and the window to do it as maybe a frame or two? Or was I maybe just imagining that I saw it teched and it can't be done?

Last edited:

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
*Post Deleted*
Didn't realise you meant side B, thought you meant side B into down tilt.

Last edited:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
The Flame Choke is indeed techable. For every Ganon that I've faced in FG, I've teched at least one Flame Choke per game. The general rule for teching the move is being patient. The ground tech frame window as well as its cooldown still applies here. With practice you can consistently roll behind Ganon after his Flame Choke.
I'm not sure whether or not you can tech it if it was initiated in the air.

Abbey Street

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abbeystreet
3DS FC
4511-0701-9758
I'm not sure whether or not you can tech it if it was initiated in the air.
An aerial Flame Choke can not be teched in Smash 4.

Semi-related side note, when recovering from a Flame Choke, if you don't feel like teching it you can do a floor attack instead, which can create some space between you and him. It also gives you some quick invulnerability to prevent getting down-tilted; this works most of the time.
Be careful not to employ the getup attack option too many times though, as after a while Ganon will read it then pivot away into another Flame Choke (or maybe a grab or dash attack or something). But it is something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Can someone make a gif showing a flame choke in slow mo and when to tech it, I hate loosing a game because of downtilt.
I can tech everything else in this game except this move I don't understand is it right when you hit the ground, or after you hit and bounce?

Gannon lords please have mercy!

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Thank you I know it will get alot of views it's really frustrating that this move is so 'broken' in terms of it being almost guaranteed kill with online lag.
I know it's easy to avoid but I can't dodge all of them all of the time

Last edited:

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
Here it is.
This was filmed offline, but it can be adopted for online mode. Basically just shield a little earlier than you normally would.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Hate to bring this up again but if I have a 20 frame window to tech then for glory is 20 frames too laggy because it's still not working and I'm loosing because of it

Tarry

Smash Cadet
NNID
CyrenCE
Hate to bring this up again but if I have a 20 frame window to tech then for glory is 20 frames too laggy because it's still not working and I'm loosing because of it
What do you expect? WiFi always has some delay.

ssbMars

Fox only 420XX Blaze it
If I may make a recommendation, play on Anther's ladder so that you can do friendlies with people in your area. I've had connections ranging from really good to feeling like I'm playing offline. In that condition teching should be much more consistent and easier to pull off.

Top Bottom