• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teching out of Falcon's forward grab?

nesshero

Smash Cadet
When Captain Falcon grabs and does a forward throw, you bounce on the ground before you go into the air. Is it possible to tech-roll out of this, when hitting the ground? Can anyone do this consistently?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that it's part of the grab. And Captain would be some gimped if Nintendo made his grab virtually useless like that (Only time it would be useful is a forward throw on the ledge).

nesshero

Smash Cadet
If it is possible it's really hard, so his grab wouldn't exactly be useless..

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
If it is possible it's really hard, so his grab wouldn't exactly be useless..
It wouldn't be hard to tech out of it, it would be really easy to see and expect, it's not like there's a strict teching timing window for pressing Z.

And his grab WOULD be useless. Pros would easily learn to tech out of that grab, and instantly grab or attack falcon while he's still finishing his throw.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
ur broken :)

yea jerry always tells me falcon is broken, but pika is moreso than falcon
Kso you are an endless source of amusment with your insights on smash64. Please tell us the story of how captain falcon counters pikachu with fthrow - fair - uair - up b again.. pllleaaasse? :chuckle:

Meh, falcon's combos can be h4x and hard to DI, but not impossible to DI. I think falcon's major speed and combos are balanced out by the fact that he's the easiest character to combo in the game because of his weight, bar none, and has the easiest recovery to edgeguard possible. Links might not go as far, but it's more challenging to edgeguard (sometimes) than falcons.

Though falcons recovery in ssb64 SOMETIMES makes it back if you're decent. In melee you just have no chance but this isnt the place to discuss that.

edit : There, I didn't call you koso for once :p

Legendary_Kyle

Smash Apprentice
hey c. falcon is the bomb and one of the best characters around my friend says hes cheap but he is very hard to become actually good with

valoem

Smash Journeyman
Kso you are an endless source of amusment with your insights on smash64. Please tell us the story of how captain falcon counters pikachu with fthrow - fair - uair - up b again.. pllleaaasse? :chuckle:

Meh, falcon's combos can be h4x and hard to DI, but not impossible to DI. I think falcon's major speed and combos are balanced out by the fact that he's the easiest character to combo in the game because of his weight, bar none, and has the easiest recovery to edgeguard possible. Links might not go as far, but it's more challenging to edgeguard (sometimes) than falcons.

Though falcons recovery in ssb64 SOMETIMES makes it back if you're decent. In melee you just have no chance but this isnt the place to discuss that.

edit : There, I didn't call you koso for once :p
Falcon with good DI aka m3gav01t, is difficult edgeguard also on Dreamland falcon's fthrow - fair - uair - up b can kill instantly on the egde. Also what!!! link has no recovery. Falcon >>> Link.

Also quoting isai kirby is the cheapiest character followed by Falcon. (this was told to me april 2006 maybe things changed)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Falcon with good DI aka m3gav01t, is difficult edgeguard also on Dreamland
I guess good ledge di could make the difference. Falcon really lacks recovery though.

falcon's fthrow - fair - uair - up b can kill instantly on the egde.
.. As if I didnt know that. But im saying pikachu could easily DI it and Koso is wrong in every way about falcon > pikachu. On ANY stage.

Also what!!! link has no recovery. Falcon >>> Link.
meh im just bias because I only play falcon, and boom never lets me come back to the stage T_T

Top Bottom