• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech Skill Tiers

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I dont really see the need for this thread, but as long as we are bumping and updating it I'll say Squirtle's APM and AT difficulty need to be reversed, and then AT difficulty raised by one point (to 8).

One things for sure, the emphasis of his difficulty is much more on the AT side rather than APM.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Kirby's ATs difficulty should be 6 imo considering he has soo many ATs he can do with copy abilities, plus Cutter cancelling, FC teleport, Hammer Cancel, footstool > rock, not to mention he can waveland out of his uair and bair. Then again, this is coming from one of the most technical Kirbys in existance.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Just as ideas, if we want to discuss what a player needs to play a character, these categories would also be necessary:
- Reaction
- Patience
- I wanted to put on timing here but it is essentially the same as AT difficulty. Maybe it would make sense though to talk about timing and APM because those categories are essentially different while AT difficulty is dependent on needed APMs and timings
- Mindgames (of course very important but I wouldn't know how to say which characters need more mindgames than others so maybe including it wouldn't be a good idea)
- Adaption (the same as mindgames, maybe with some elaborate discussion we can find out with which characters it is more important)
- Creativity (with some characters you do (of course exaggerated) always the same and with some you have to invent new stuff during the match and always capitalize different)

Those are essentially it imho, if I missed one feel free to add. Hope to bring some new fire to this thread since its a great idea ^^
For the mindgames, I feel Roy deserves a mention. Double Edge Dance with all of its combinations obviously is made up of mindgames. A player who is particularly skilled in reading their opponent and trickery can easily score surprise KOs and punishes with Roy's ridiculous number of ledgeguarding options. I suppose one could argue that mindgames is useful when playing Roy just in the neutral too, so you don't just get shielded or otherwise punished for piloting the Nairoplane or dtilting everyone's feet, but I think the DED and ledgegame are the main ones to consider.

But of course, these categories aren't added yet, so I'm getting ahead of myself. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom