• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Tech skill showcase?

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone ever considered doing a tech skill showcase where the most technical players can have an outlet to show off some of the cool stuff that they can do with their characters ala Perfect Dark, Berserker, Revolution, Ganon on Ice?

I think it might be a cool idea to throw around, but idk how it would work. Or even if the concept would even be entertaining in real time.

Just wondering if anybody else would like to see something like this.

Ether

Smash Ace
I had this idea of playing HORSE where basically you call out a trick you're about to do. maybe it's thunders combo to nair x 3. Or maybe it's something risky like dtilt to level 9 Judgement Hammer with G&W.

Then you do the trick. If you do it successfully, then everybody else tries to do it. If they fail, they get a letter.

If you fail your own trick, you get a letter for each person who successfully does your trick.

I dunno tho, never tried it out. but I mean, if you wanna get a bunch of technical people on stream and just do tech skill, I'm down with that too.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
^ haha, that's such a great idea. good times skateboarding.

I guess it would be complicated to do combos, maybe something like this?

source

thespymachine

Smash Ace
I think it could be sort of like a best trick competition, where each round there is subject matter that the players have to use (ie, the bottom platforms of BF, or the right platform and Randall on YS). The players get a 30sec warmup, then work on the subject matter for 30sec, and a group of judges each give a score.

Invite only and trophies as awards. Single elim.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
I think it could be sort of like a best trick competition, where each round there is subject matter that the players have to use (ie, the bottom platforms of BF, or the right platform and Randall on YS). The players get a 30sec warmup, then work on the subject matter for 30sec, and a group of judges each give a score.

Invite only and trophies as awards. Single elim.
Yeah this is most like what I had in mind.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
I like the H.O.R.S.E idea. Just a melee showcase sounds a little off to me, though. But yeah, the horse idea is great. Could be tournament format even...

Fish&Herbs19

Smash Journeyman
The HORSE idea seems a little bit extreme to me, since some people's techskill is very character based, and using a character that has some obscure tech seems like it could really throw some people off. I like the best trick idea. Maybe each person has 30 seconds to warm up and a minute to a minute thirty to show off their tech skill. I would be soo hype for this . Also some double tech skill show case? That would be pretty sick also

Yobolight

Smash Lord
This is a really good idea, but they should do this for Brawl instead of Melee.

MK_ultra

Smash Rookie
if your lucky you can pick up most of them through some of their streams on twitch. getting into the nitty gritty on some of them is insane how fast your mind needs to be moving to pull them off.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
I think this would be difficult to organize, since there's no precedent, but it would be really neat!

Top Bottom