• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech Skill or Advanced Tech training?

dyl0n

Smash Rookie
New to the scene, been training for the past two months now. I know the fundamentals and basic tech skill of Marth but is there any sort of Advanced Tech training? Like how Spacies train their midair shines to wavelands on platforms, or like when they get a KO then dash dance and shine afterwards - all that fast super fancy stuff; is there anything like that for Marth? I know Marth's one of the least technical characters in the game but is there anything at all? I'm not talking like pivot grabs/attacks or anything like that. I was watching Ken's tutorial and at one point during the video he started wavelanding on & off platforms and executed aerial attacks in a repeated cycle for a few seconds. Just curious if thats a thing for learning Marth because I feel like theres more to his game that I'm not doing or don't know about.

If you're curious as to what part of Ken's tutorial I'm talking about, it's from 1:24:14 - 1:24:23.

Enemony

Smash Rookie
Check out this video, helped me with tech skill solo practice a ton (Marth Trials by Jason Ripple on youtube, I can't post links yet lol)

dyl0n

Smash Rookie
I've already seen his video, it was one of the first things I watched when I started training. Thats not really what I'm looking for. I consider alot of that stuff basic tech skill as I can do most of it by now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom