• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech Practice Video

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
I was practicing teching, when i realized, i should make a video of this, and it can be my small way to contribute to the community. I just did it real fast with my digital camera. Because of the equipment i used, the sound sucks, so turn up your speakers. Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDcQ0UbhbyA

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
actually this is horrible teching, if that was somebody edgeguarding you you would have died every single time, you never teched ONCE on the actual damaging wall, always teched on opposing walls, sometimes bouncing 3 times before teching.

that was awful

shadydentist

Smash Lord
yah... if you time it right, you should be able to tech off the orange wall itself. Here's a better way to practice teching: Try going to Corneria, go under the big fin, and throw a proximity mine on the wall. If you do it correctly, you should be able to firefox into the remote mine and tech off the fin.

Ooh, i found viperboy's tech video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1974622126045692811&hl=en

It has pretty good examples of edge teching.

HylianLord

Smash Ace
why not just choos FD or any other stage and throw a proximity mine on ledge, that should do it.
cause it takes too long. yea what gimpy said... you can tech the heat thing when you make contact with it. try doing that. anyone can tech after bouncing on the walls... just press L anytime after you get hit and you'll basically tech. maybe just firebird into the heat thing on the left side of the target test... better practice for ledge teching?

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
although whats been stated many times is true, there is practical use for this guy's tech. Such as a shine spike from fox, up b by falcon or ganon, up b by marth or doc or mario or any character returning to the stage from underneath that has an attack like that.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
What Airo said. Don't repeat what others say if it's already been said many times before, or at least add something onto their statement.

lol irony
by stating that your own statement was ironic, it takes away from the irony.
for example, if i said that my current post was ironic, it wouldn't be as interesting.
but since i didn't, its still an okay post.

but i very much agree with you. we don't need to hear the same thing 4 times. please don't repeat what others say. we could've read it the first time.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
I believe he did tech the orange wall once. I think this is better practice than mines, but maybe that's just me. Try going on the left side of that wall and upBing into it from the left repeatedly. The left has more space for you to maneuver in case you do mess up so you don't have to keep restarting.

Kragen

Smash Ace
I think Zander is right.

When you're edgegaurded, you're always teching on the opposing walls of the attack. That's why everyone's saying that you have to DI to the stage if you want to ledgetech, in case the attack sends you away from the ledge.

Because the wall in BtT is damaging itself, you would have to DI that wall when you're hit by it. Since that impossible (right?) you have to tech on the opposing wall.

Edit: @shadydentist: just like when you're edgeguarded. So you can practice ledgeteching this way.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
No, its possible. If you're holding towards the wall, you can tech off of it. It works on both the firebird and the illusion.

You have to hit L/R right before you actually hit the wall.

Top Bottom