• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech chasing on reaction.

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
So I've been looking into PAL Sheik lately, and I've found that most PAL players tend to prefer to tech chase on reaction. I was just wondering, what is the best way to practice this/improve it, to the point where I can make it look effortless?

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Get a friend to try mixing you up. Have them mix up DI, techrolls, tech in place, and getup attack and just keep trying to grab them.

There are some guides with visual cues to look for but I don't know them off the top of my head.

ethyn

Smash Rookie
20xx has random techs and while it doesn't have the natural habits of a human being it still helps in learning punishes for certain techs you just grind it out.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
20xx has random techs and while it doesn't have the natural habits of a human being it still helps in learning punishes for certain techs you just grind it out.
It's probably better random anyway. Then you know you're training reflex instead of reading your buddy.

In fighting games, reflex > read. (Assuming your reflexs are fast enough to take advantage.)

Top Bottom