• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech Chasing, and Chain grabbing (?)

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm pretty unfamiliar with how Wolf operates, but when I started playing the game he was the first character I tried using. I was playing around with him in friendlies the other day, and now im more interested in learning about what he can do. I wanted to know, can he perform actual chain grabs on other spacies and fast fallers? Or is it better to try to tech chase off of down throw?

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
His up throw will garunteed chaingrab falco with no platforms. Maybe it works on other ffers but im not sure.
Also bthrow is a better techchase throw than dthrow

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Up throw chain grabs are guaranteed on no dI and di in. Di out and they can escape (higher %s get dacused/dash attacked, 100~ flash combos). Optimal di to get out of upthrow chain grab is worst possible di for bthrow. Bthrow gets you a juicy combo on di in, guarenteed tech chases on di out. Dthrow is similar but not as good vs fast fallers, does more damage but far worse frame advantage.

All his throws are reactable but you get guarenteed things off of them no matter what if you pay attention and react properly.

There's a thread I made before with bthrow /dthrow tech chase info on fox. Falco should be the same roughly but his tech rolls are better, falcon will be a bit different but his tech rolls are pretty average.

Top Bottom