• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech Chase Data

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
So I'll be watching as many videos as possible and recording the data of all the tech chases. I guess people want it anonymous :glare: so... it is.

All directions are relative to Snake

Blue is Snake's actions, Orange is opponent's actions, Red is total damage from tech chases

v :metaknight:

1- Grenade Drop Behind > Grab > Dthrow > Get-Up Attack [12%]
2- Close to edge - Front > Grab > Pummel x2 > Dthrow > Roll away [17%]
3- Grab > Pummel x2 > Dthrow > Stand Up > Ftilt [38%]
4- Grenade Drop Behind > Grab > Dthrow > Stand Up [12%]
5- Grenade Drop Behind > Grab > Dthrow > Roll Away > Pivot Grab > Pummel x2 > Dthrow > Wait > Jab1 [32%]
6- Grenade Drop > Grab > Dthrow Explosion > [17%]
7- Grab > Pummel x1 > Dthrow > Stand Up > Ftilt > [32%]
8- Grab > Pummel x2 > Dthrow > Get-Up Attack > Shield > Ftilt [39%]

v :falco:

1- Close to edge - Front > Grenade Drop Behind > Grab > Dthrow > Roll Behind [12%]
2- Grab > Pummel x2 > Dthrow > Stand Up [17%]
3- Grab > Pummel x2 > Wait > Utilt > Death [29%]
4- Close to edge - Back > Grab > Pummel x2 > Dthrow > Stand Up [17%]
5- Close to edge - Back > Grab > Pummel x1 > Dthrow > Get-Up Attack > Shield > Ftilt [35%]
6- Close to edge - Front > Grab > Pummel x2 > Dthrow > Get-Up Attack > Shield > Grab > Pummel x2 > Dthrow > Get-Up Attack [29%]

v :wario:

1- Close to edge - Back > Grab > Pummel x2 > Dthrow > Stand Up [17%]
2- Grab > Pummel x1 > Dthrow > Stand Up [13%]
3- Close to edge - Front > Grenade Drop Behind > Grab > Dthrow > Wait > Jab1 > Ftilt 1 [23%]

----------

Update: 2/26

Changed format, now by character, removed all names of players

Discontinued for lack of interest/helpfulness.

Most common response from Dthrow is Stand Up

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
So from that we see that standing up us a popular option, although I thought we knew that already.

A chart depicting who's get-up attacks hit us twice would be mOre useful, however.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I think that there's already a chart for get up attacks. Made by Susa, & I forgot who else helped him on that. >_< But to combine those two threads would be useful i'd think.

EDIT: I'm also very encourage to pummel now when i'm tech chasing.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Twice without moving?

According to SuSa's thread, and assuming attack that hit towards first won't hit again, these characters hit away-towards and hit us on the away.

Squirtle
Yoshi

I think that there's already a chart for get up attacks. Made by Susa, & I forgot who else helped him on that. >_< But to combine those two threads would be useful i'd think.
But ye, his is much better for learning how to deal with opponent's actions.

Mine is for telling the most common action in a situation, and other data for predicting movement

Attila_

BRoomer
Dunno.

Although I do know that if I dthrow, shield one hit and try to grab, I get hit.

Instead, shield drop, walk forward, then grab. This happens for a number of the cast, actually.

OnlyUseMeNades

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the grab extends your hurtbox into him. I don't know how though

Wouldn't walking forward get you hit anyway?

Attila_

BRoomer
Not so sure about that one. I'll test when I get home, but I'm positive a number of the cast are the same way.

Find it funny that this hasn't been tested already...

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Actually I think if your close enough or inside their wireframe or something that their away attack will have a hit box big enough to hit you, & then the towards you attack will still hit you. Kind of a guess though, but i'm sure i've had that happen to me that way. o-o

Top Bottom