• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teams with Jigglypuff.

Fuzzy Guts

Smash Cadet
My friend and I decided that my Falco and his Jiggly would be pretty fantastic. However, I'm having trouble finding any useful info on the particular characters teaming.

So basically, anything that would prove useful would be great. How I should play(Defensive, Spam SHL, etc.), helpful tricks, or random things that may have worked for you.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is generally better when paired with characters that can get grabs easily so I'm not sure how well that would work out with Falco.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
jiggs can compliment the fact that your recovery sucks. her dair i believe has set knockback always so when you up-b, she'll float out dair you and up-b again. i saw mango do it to lucky (fox though) at a tournament last week.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
jiggs can compliment the fact that your recovery sucks. her dair i believe has set knockback always so when you up-b, she'll float out dair you and up-b again. i saw mango do it to lucky (fox though) at a tournament last week.
I don't think it would work as well for Falco. As for helping Falco recover, like trying to float a rock, Pounds can send Falco toward the stage and safely almost if he DI's toward the stage.

BTW with team attack on Laser spam is fine for a grounded Jiggly and also makes resting a lot less dangerous since a Rest -> laser wakes them up. If Jiggly is in the air Lasers are fine too. Just make sure that if you do it both teams are on opposite sides of the stage. Ex. Both player on red team or on left side and both Blue team members are on the right., or vice versa depending on politics.

Also Falco's D+air works really well when Jiggly WoP's someone off the edge or sends someone toward it.

Just sharing the knowledge.

spKz

Smash Ace
Jiggz and Fox Is really good team, they are both fast killers
also Jiggz and marth - Jiggz good off stage marth good edge guarder ^__^

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
i teamed as a falco at a recent tournament with a jiggs. we drew really good teams but i still learned enough to contribute some ideas.
1) of course laser is great for waking up a jiggs on a rest, but it helps even more on a flubbed rest. it was luck not planning, but after my partner missed a rest, to wake him up i shot a laser towards him. even though my opponent punished him first, since he only beat the laser by a few frames, the laser canceled the knockback and saved my partner. this means that a jigglypuff can be much more liberal with rest attempts as long as she ends in a laserable position.
2) lasering over a CCing jpuff seems like a pretty good idea in theory, leading to easy grabs, although we didn't have a lot of success with this.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Laser->grab is a sick approach and can easily lead to rest in teams. Falco and Puff are good buddies.

Worst enemies include Marth/Peach combo (lives forever, survives low% rests, pwns Falco all day and Marth is rock solid against Jiggs as well), and has trouble with Fox/Fox because the Falco has to really play aggressive and keep both Foxes from usmashing the jiggs, while avoiding getting shinespiked himself.

Practice against good Foxes and Marths, rest Fox as much as possible he's light and restable.

PS4Lthekingofsmash

Smash Rookie
I can help here, because that is my team.

The Lasering is never really negative. It's much more of a help then a hurt. Allow Falco to spam away unless you're setting up a t eam combo, which you'll probably have down anyway.

Have the Jiggs rest often because it is VERY easy to get woken up because of the laser.
Just have to get the falco player to know.

With helping Falco recover, just pound at him (the move hits oppisite the momentum, ftw!)
You will almost ALWAYS recover from that.

With this team (and others) it gives Falco a really good downthrow if done right.
Have Jiggs waiting at one of the locations the opponent can tech to.
They either tech into a rest, do nothing and get pwned by falco's combos, or tech to the other side which is where the falco is going to because he knows where the down throwee is going.
That's just one of our team combolike things.

Good team though - keep working on it.

th0rn

Smash Lord
I have been wondering this how good would sheik and jiggs be
Shiek and jiggs is a great team actually. Darc and Dazwa use that team and have beaten top teams such as chu/foward, drephen/tipman. I know before using shiek/jiggs, they used Jiggs/falco....

Top Bottom