• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Suggestions?

Hevil93

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hevil93
3DS FC
2148-8887-6155
My team is some wierd phazer/baton pass combo.

(Mew) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 128 SDef / 128 Def / 184 Spd / 68 HP
Jolly Nature
- Amnesia/Rock Polish
- Iron Defense
- Baton Pass
- Magic Coat/Taunt

(Jellicent) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 108 SDef / 252 Def / 76 HP / 72 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Recover
- Taunt/Will-o-Wisp

(Espeon) @ Red Card/Lum Berry
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Def / 36 HP / 252 Spd / 188 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fighting]/Grass Knot
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass/Substitute
- Stored Power

(Lickilicky) @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 140 SDef / 140 Def / 156 HP / 72 Atk
Adamant Nature
IVs: null Spd
- Wish
- Protect/Heal Bell
- Belly Drum
- Dragon Tail

(Latias) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Def / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Trick

(Breloom) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Force Palm/Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide/Swords Dance
- Spore

Mew Reflects predictable Taunts and Roars with Magic Coat, sets up at least one Amnesia/Iron Defense and can pass to Espeon if Roar is still a threat or Lickylicky if your Oppenent gave themselves a stealth rock. If Espeon gets in trouble, she usually passes a calm mind to Latias Who can start a sweep if their best best check gets OHKO'd by any of the three moves... I might need better coverage on that? And if I some how get 2 Calm Minds I'll trick it if the other poke doesn't need it. Breloom comes out when its time to play, and if he has a passed Rock Polish, he can put something to sleep, nab a Swords Dance if he's lucky and go to town. Takes about ~90% from Scizor's LO Bullet Punch and is a weak ***** against Thundurus, Hence Rock Slide... but even with an Agility its tough to outspeed him So I usually try to get ~20%? From an unboosted MachPunch and die from a dumb Hurricane. Barely survives a U-turn but usually that's death. Jellicent is just there to take an Ice Beam. Rotom-W's Thunder hits for about half, but if Mew decides to pass some defenses it can survive quite a bit and maybe Scald it to death?

I know being Tricked with a Choice item cripples Mew completely. The only thing I can /maybe/ do is switch in on a status move to inflict the same thing, and that's a one-trick pony. Even with Heal Bell on Licky, the opponent will know whats up or it will have a status already. Dragon Tail also gives me a hard time, so my only hope is Espeon's sub can maybe take a hit and grab a calm mind. Heatran gives me trouble, but Breloom outspeeds Air Balloon Variants and can OHKO with Force Palm (Seriously, Force Palm does so much damage.) Jellicent and Espeon can give it a few things to think about if they aren't para'd or lacking Dark Pulse. Non-specially defensive Skarmory don't like HP Fire and that's really the only thing I have that 2OHKO's it. Politoed with Perish Song gives Mew a hard time, but Licky can take whatever Politoed brings /if/ its running Heal Bell (Specs Focus Blast ~80% but that doesn't count if it's last move was Perish Song ;o) Or I can Amnesia and switch accordingly.

So, any Tips you can give me?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm going to try and help but you're team needs a lot of help

first, get rid of lickylicky, it sucks, terribly, and that set makes it even worse (i don't even see how it can be viable), literally, any pokemon from UU and up would do better in that slot than lickylicky, just...get rid of it, something like Forretress could work, i'm giving you a pretty good set:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed / Sturdy
2 IV Speed
248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpA
Pain Split
Stealth Rock / Spikes
Rapid Spin
HP Ice

this is the glue that your team needs, sets up hazards (as a lot of switches your team wants to force), while getting rid of them (since you have a BP team, you'll be swtiching often), it stays healthy with pain split and checks bulky grounds and dragons effectively while providing great synergy with Jellicent

your breloom set needs some changes, you should run this:

Breloom @ Life Orb
Adamant / Technician
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 wherever
Spore
Mach Punch
Bullet Seed
Low Sweep / Stone Edge

Breloom is really dumb now, if it wasn't so frail, it be broken, this is not really changing anything about your loom set, just optimizing it, Low Sweep is Base 60 so with Technician and STAB it becomes base 135 and it lowers the opponents speed by 1 stage, very damn useful, Mach Punch now becomes base 90 and has priority, abuse the **** out of it, Seed Bomb only outdamage Technician Bullet Seed when Bullet Seed hits twice, and Bullet Seed stops Substitute, Spore is spore

i personally prefer bandtechniloom but this set works just fine

your latias set is run much better with latios, latias is the bulky one, latios is the sweeper, so literally, just switch latios in there and use this

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid / Levitate
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 wherever
Draco Meteor
HP Fire
Surf
Trick

Does the same thing, but much more effectively

Use Dual Screen Espeon and get rid of Red Card, Red Card is really gimmicky and the dual screens will really help your BP out as it basically doubles the bulk of your entire team

Espeon @ Light Clay
Timid / Magic Bounce
252 HP / 252 Spe / 6 SpA
Reflect
Light Screen
HP Fighting
Psychic / Psyshock

Always set up reflect first

Jellicent but use this EV spread
252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD

On Mew, run this set for him:

Mew @ Lum Berry
Synchronize / Bold
252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Sword Dance
Nasty Plot
Taunt
Baton Pass

This gives your team the extra power it needs, you should never focus BPing around defensive boosts as those are far easier to switch into, making something really strong even stronger strikes fear into the opponent as they have to muster a way to stop you, especially when you can pass a sword dance to techniloom

now your team becomes much more balanced while revolving around, but not relying on, BP Mew, which is how teams should be built, you want to use a gimmick but do not make sure your team relies on it

unfortunately, your team gets seriously ****ed over by ttar, so good luck finding a way around him

Hevil93

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hevil93
3DS FC
2148-8887-6155
@mood4food77: Thanks ;3

Licky is amazing with with a boost on each defense. Opponents can't OHKO unless they are really lucky and Licky doesn't like getting hit. Wish-> Did the opponent attack for any substantial damage? -> Y:protect N:Belly Drum -> Health Running Low? -> Wish -> Protect -> Attack. OHKO's every dragon type, and hits ~25% on Skarmory. Being statuses is bad for Licky, so usually its Wish->Heal Bell->Attack. Jirachi can /maybe/ iron me to death, but it take awhile and by the time I'm at >30% a Wish usually pops up.

While Ferrothorn is amazing with Jellicent it's shiny is not red enough to participate with my team (jk). I like the set, but I didn't know Ferro could learn Rapid Spin? Any way, Licky can send wishes around, which benefits Mew and Latias greatly.

And on the Latias/Latios, I agree... but again it's not red enough ;-; Although seriously, that change had to come sooner or later. Latias is just shy of OHKO'ing plenty of Pokes unboosted, and Latios can easily pick up her slack.

I find Force Palm better than Low Sweep, because a para is much better than a speed loss, and at the same rate as Scald. It's the same base power, so there isn't a trade off of damage output. And if Brebre can para and they can't move, well that just gives me an amazing advantage. Seed Bomb and Bullet Seed trade easily, but I do find more use in Bullet Seed. Breaks Donphan's Sturdy and subs.

Espeon is a thorn. While it's borderline purple, its way too weak and can barely survive an STAB Outrage from Salamence at 4x Def. And let me talk about them crits. No way. I've ran the Dual Screen sets and usually got set up on with a substitute. That's why I'm Offensive. 2 Calm Minds and a Stored Power does ok damage but with the boosts recieved
from Mew, it's amazing. Grass Knot hits T-tar super hard, but HP Fighting also nabs Heatran and Ferrothorn for a good deal of damage.

Jellicent likes the extra power, especially in the rain, so I keep its SpATK where its at now. It doesn't outspeed Gliscor like it used to, but it can take whatever it has. Although, is it smarter to invest in HP First, then defenses? I am not completely sure how that works.

Changing up Mew would be hard, but I guess it works. I'm still gonna use Magic Coat the majority of the time, as Sableye is usually faster than me and Whimsicott give it LOADS of trouble. The priority is why I'm clingy.

While Ttar is a threat, Pursuit only scratches Jellicent and Mew (after a Iron Defense) and can retaliate with scald or switching into Breloom. Although residual damage does suck, and over time Mew and Espeon need healing... hence Licky.

Thank you for time to read and reply ;3

mood4food77

Smash Hero
okay, let's break it down like this

get rid of the every pokemon has to be red theme for us to help you, it will make our lives a lot easier

second, when making a BP team, you need offensive threats and your team has 2, breloom and latios (i'm assuming you're going to switch to latios since it does what your latias does 942084320 times better), all your other sets are gimmicky bar jellicent who is a wall

the first thing you need on a BP team is a real offensive threat, with mew BPing a Nasty Plot or a Sword Dance to something, your opponent is now forced to deal with a monster, doing defensive BPs only work after an offensive one is used, and using an offensive one makes walls harder to deal with

i meant forretress but now that i look at this team, using Dragonite over forretress is much better as it gives you a nice defensive pokemon who'll **** **** up with offensive boosts, using a mixed sweeper is the way to go something like:

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Multiscale / Rash
252 Atk / 252 SpA / 6 Spe
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Superpower
ExtremeSpeed

Using this gives you something with good bulk and a lot of power after it receives an offensive boost, and when at +2 SpA, you can use 2 Draco meteors, as that basically 1-2HKOs the entire metagame (barring steel types and even then, he has fire blast, which finishes them off), and it gives you another check to ttar (whose OHKO'd by Superpower)

using dual screens Espeon gives you the BP pass that you want with Mew while allowing mew to set up its own stuff, who cares if they set up substitute when you're going to set up offensive juggernauts at will, especially with latios, dragonite, and breloom who tear wholes in everything in their way

who the hell uses whimsicott and sableye anymore? don't worry about two low usage pokemon, worry about what is commonly used

ttar is more likely to use crunch but it doesn't matter when he 2HKO's your entire team, is only threatened by breloom currently (latias barely 3HKOs it) and breloom can't switch into ttar with any sort of damage beforehand, switching to latios and dragonite gives you two reliable checks to ttar

you want defensive boosts and are going for more offense on jelli? i don't know if 72 EVs really make a difference especially on Jelli, might as well go for a more tankish build and be more annoying

using my Mew set basically takes everything your trying to do and put on one guy, who doesn't have to be relied on at all

and trust me, special attacks that aren't coming from latios or something as strong aren't doing anything to ttar

Hevil93

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hevil93
3DS FC
2148-8887-6155
Sabelye and Whimsicott are still used... Not as widely, but can still rustle jimmies if you aren't prepared.

Dragonite is an excellent idea, thanks. He has what he needs and takes what he can get and make some damn fine lemonade. The Mew with offensive boosts make more sense with Dragonite, since Breloom and Latios can both use it as well. I'm still not on Par with Espeons Dual Screens, because it will die. Licky will have to say bye bye though, Jirachi does the Dual Screen set a lot better.

And trust me, most T-tars try to get that Baton Pass switch once they see that boost. Mew will get severely damaged, but 'Rachi could help me out on that.

No seriously, thanks though. This really helps me out.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
no one does dual screens better than espeon, remember espeon is ****ed over by taunt

the team still has issues with ttar but i think i'm going to replace jellicent with ferrothorn as this team really needs a steel type

after some testing, ferrothorn helps this team a lot, using him over jelli

after some more testing and running both mew and espeon in the lead slots, it comes to my attention that both of them aren't really good outside of that lead slot so far, it's pretty hard to switch them in but when leading, they can really set up stuff for the rest of the team, but what hurts this team is the lack of weather control and looking at what i've got, politoed can make a difference by just being rain set-up, but i'm going to keep with what i got

Hevil93

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hevil93
3DS FC
2148-8887-6155
Aight I'll try it out too. The Swords dance is really helping me out. OHKO's Scizor with Force Palm

mood4food77

Smash Hero
use low sweep, same damage and always forces a switch, anything that doesn't care usually takes a large chunk (or just dies), you're doing too much damage to rely on a 30% paralysis chance, might as well make them slower

a +2 bullet kills most water pokemon in 1 shot, it's kinda funny

Hevil93

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hevil93
3DS FC
2148-8887-6155
I find Breloom too weak to survive whatever it has coming for it, slower or not. Imma stick with Force Palm and hope for that para.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
I don't think you get why I say low sweep

Breloom 2HKOs the whole metagame with low sweep/force palm at +2, might get the guaranteed speed reduction on the switch and besides, you're running spore, you spore turn 1, then low sweep the next switch-in, force palm can ruin this strategy

I might try rotom-w over latios for type synergy, being a scout and having different type coverage than dragonite as dragonite is the main recipient of mew's boosts

But having ferrothorn on this team really helps

:phone:

Hevil93

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hevil93
3DS FC
2148-8887-6155
With Rotom-W and Ferrothorn, my team goes from somewhat original to typical early OUBW :s I mean it worked in the beggining, but I'm gonna keep branching out to find a use for UU pokemon. Thanks though.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Low Sweep is a must use for Breloom over Force Palm. Having 2 only Psychic type pokemon seems dangerous.

Can you update your team in the original post because it is difficult to see what your team needs without seeing the whole team at once.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
how would it be an early OU team and be a problem?

after using the team, having both latios and dragonite seems redundant when they have similar type coverage and don't actually synergize well with each other

using Rotom-W gives you the choice scarf revenge killer while providing different synergy with the team as it provides the greatly needed electric attack to your team (bulky waters tend to be troublesome for this team and rotom-w does a great job at breaking them down)

and your team is clearly original, who the hell uses BP mew?

Top Bottom