• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Liquid Signs Melee Veteran ChuDat

On Jun 14, Kashan "Chillindude" Kahn tweeted out a video of him revealing Team Liquid's newest addition to the team, Melee veteran Daniel "ChuDat" Rodriguez.

ChuDat's Announcement Video

2017 has been such an important and big year for ChuDat. Chu was voted as one of the players to make it to the Smash Summit Spring 2017, a series of private tournaments by Beyond the Summit. It was there where ChuDat achieved 7th at the tournament, notably upsetting Mango and 4-stocking him on their last game.

The signing comes after ChuDat's recent performance at DreamHack Austin 2017, notably beating Mango for the third time in 2017, along with 4 stocking Mew2King's Peach with Ice Climbers and winning the set 3-1. He reached grand finals and took Hungrybox to Game 5, placing 2nd.

ChuDat has also taken fifth at Yahoo's Smash Rivalries, seventh at Smash Summit Spring 2017, and ninth at Genesis 4, and recently placed first at Battle of BC 2, defeating Mew2King again.

"I am so honored that Team Liquid has chosen me to represent them. This is an amazing opportunity and I can't wait to start playing under their brand." says ChuDat.

Team Liquid came to a contract buyout agreement with ChuDat's former team, VGBootcamp, who has signed Rishi Malhotra in his place. ChuDat will make his Team Liquid debut on Friday at CEO in Orlando, FL

ChuDat, is an American professional smasher from Falls Church, Virginia who mains the Ice Climbers in Super Smash Bros. Melee. He is considered to be the top contending Ice Climbers player in the world, and is widely regarded as the primary influential driving force for competitive Ice Climbers play in the community since the early metagame.

Last edited:
Josh Olalde

Comments

Top Bottom