• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Help

You

Smash Rookie
Well Me And My Brother Are Joining Our School's Anime Club Smash Tournament.
We Wanted To Know If There Are Any Good Team Combos Using Ice Climbers (ME) & Jigglypuff (BROTHER) For Them Two. The Rules Are 3 Stock, Team Attack. So Let Me Know If There Are Any Good Combos We Can Do Together. F.Y.I. - MY Brother & I Are Pretty Decent. Brother Can Combo Into Rest. Than I Know Most Ice Climbers Essentials Like Desync, Wave Dash, Chain Grabs, & Others. So Please Reply If You Got Any Good THings To Tell Us.

Thanks
-Luke

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
You- Grab the opponent
Your brother - rest
You- jab your brother so he doesn't get ***** by the other opponent.

Repeat.

You

Smash Rookie
god dammit you idiot it team attack no offense way of expression ...
but yea
thats to slow

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
That works with team attack, it is fast enough if the situation is correct. Why would it not work with team attack?

You

Smash Rookie
most likely he would hit me....
and if he does aim the attack the other guy would come
and if he doesnt aim it most likely theres a chance ill die

BlargCow

Smash Journeyman
hopefully he aims right, if you do it fast enough at the right time it might work

You

Smash Rookie
any other stuff than that cause we've always done that

Smash Master
Jiggly can go out pretty far to save either Popo or Nana. Use pound to save a teammate.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
the grab/rest is staple

Or...i am going to tell you a secret.......make your brother run away floating..... then you can handle the two players by yourdelf......if you die take his life.....YOU WIN

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Jigglypuff - Uthrow to rest on space animals. Other than that, wall of pain the opponent when they get knocked off and are recovering.

And for ICer's: Wobble them to 999%.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
And I thought my Samus and my brother's IC's made a horrible team. IC's and Jiggs, ****.

Contrary to what has already been said, I wouldn't focus much on grab -> rests. IC's can do some ridiculous stuff out of a grab on their own. If the opportunity to get a rest from a grab arises go for it - but don't make that the staple strategy.

I'd recommend having the IC's stay on the stage trying to knock the opponents off, with Jiggs finishing them off out there. IC's have a solid ground game, if the map would allow the opponents to make use of platforms high enough to force IC's to use their second jump (say, DK 64) I'd let Jiggs take care of that stuff.

So... IC's on the main part of the stage wavedash -> smash, or wavedash -> grab -> smash (or chain-grab if the other teammate is far enough away). Jiggs watches the platforms and fair/bair's the opponets once they're off the stage to keep 'em off (also eat bombs, catch Luigi's forward-B, etc).

Of course have jiggs save Popo/Nana and have the IC's wake jiggs if possible.

You

Smash Rookie
thanks i guess
well at our school we have at least three tornament players and one is top 100 in california
sooo these might not work....

Top Bottom