• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Help?

foxandyounglink

Smash Journeyman
Whats the best, most basic, non-legendary team someone can have? Mainly covers all types and stuff. I seriously need some help on team building.
This is an idea of what my team is so far.

Tyranitar
Blissey
Skarmory
Electivire/Ampharos/Magnezone
Im lost from here. It just seemed like the first three were used quite a bit, so i decided they would be good. I do have an ok idea of movesets, but what about natures? And also what should i train all of them in? Thanks!

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Sableye still sucks, although spiritomb is pretty good. Although I don't really suggest it for this team.

Use electivire as your electric. When I'm done your team will have no problems with skarm, and ampharos kinda sucks. Note that since it takes sandstorm damage, you'll have to either use lefties or go super aggro with it. It sorta leaves life orb out of the question. Expert Belt might be good on it if you don't want to go with lefties.

Garchomp would be a good addition, but it's a good addition to about everything that doesn't already have a ton of ice weaks. lol

Currently the team has some gyarados problems, so I would suggest a tpunch/ice punch/WoW/pain split dusknoir @ lefties

For natures and EVs:
TTar - adamant 252 atk/252 spd/6 hp
Bliss - bold 252 hp/252 def/6 sdef
Skarm - impish 252 hp/252 def/6 sdef (yes I know it's the same spread as bliss)
Electivire - adamant/jolly 252 atk/252 spd/6 hp
Garchomp - adamant/jolly 252 atk/252 spd/6 hp
Dusknoir - impish 252 hp/252 def/6 sdef

I gave you really basic spreads, but they should work well enough.

foxandyounglink

Smash Journeyman
Sableye still sucks, although spiritomb is pretty good. Although I don't really suggest it for this team.

Use electivire as your electric. When I'm done your team will have no problems with skarm, and ampharos kinda sucks. Note that since it takes sandstorm damage, you'll have to either use lefties or go super aggro with it. It sorta leaves life orb out of the question. Expert Belt might be good on it if you don't want to go with lefties.

Garchomp would be a good addition, but it's a good addition to about everything that doesn't already have a ton of ice weaks. lol

Currently the team has some gyarados problems, so I would suggest a tpunch/ice punch/WoW/pain split dusknoir @ lefties

For natures and EVs:
TTar - adamant 252 atk/252 spd/6 hp
Bliss - bold 252 hp/252 def/6 sdef
Skarm - impish 252 hp/252 def/6 sdef (yes I know it's the same spread as bliss)
Electivire - adamant/jolly 252 atk/252 spd/6 hp
Garchomp - adamant/jolly 252 atk/252 spd/6 hp
Dusknoir - impish 252 hp/252 def/6 sdef

I gave you really basic spreads, but they should work well enough.

Thanks soo much. I was thinking of garchomp, but i thought it was too similar to tyranitar.

Top Bottom