• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Final Smash?

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
This is an absolutely ludicrous idea, but it might be fun to toy around with. What if on teams of 2 v2 / 2v1 certain character combinations on a team would alter the final smash? If not they would do like a 1, 2 type deal launching one into the other. You could have some insanely epic final smashes, baby bowser and bowser jr. Bowser Jr. gets on bowsers shell and bowser spins around shooting flames while Bowser Jr. spits flames on top of bowsers shell, creating a controllable fire tornado. Mario and Luigi both get a fireflower and go to opposite sides of the stage and pelt players with a fury of green and red fireballs. For combos that wouldn't have a set twin special. the 1 two would be whoever activates the special is #1 whoever is the partner is #2. Each character has a 1 and 2 special. Lets say Links 1 is the great Spin (hurricane attack, not the standard) and his 2 is Light arrows. Mario's 1 is a charged large fireball and his 2 is taking out a hammer and hitting 1-6 green shells at the opponent. If link initiates, he does the great spin which ends in the opponent and link being stunned from the dizzy effect, mario then launches his green shells at the dazed opponent. If mario initiates he launches the giant fireball which not only does damage but sets the enemy on fire. During this time the enemy will run back and forth uncontrollably while link draws back his bow and launches a light arrow through the target.
This has about 0% chance of happening. But its fun to speculate things like these.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
This would work great with assist trophies, if there was an assist trophy for every character.
The coolest thing about Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion XL, was that if you grabbed an assist, there was a chance that they would combine their powers with your character. Like if Bubbles grabbed the Eduardo assist. Normally Eduardo would run back and forth if drawn by anyone else, but if grabbed by Bubbles, she would jump on his back allowing you to control him and shoot laser beams while riding him.
The problem with this though, is the high chance of not grabbing your characters special assist, and instead pulling out some other character. It could've been solved by giving each character access to only the one assist, but many people would hate not being able to have a chance at getting help from their favorite characters unless they played a certain character.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I love it, reminds me of DoA4's tag system combo things. Hayabusa and that wrestler chick did some crazy sick moves.
I just hope that my favorite character combination has one (Marth and Zelda) :D :D :D. Maybe *sniffs* maybe. We could totally have it where you had to grab your teammate to do it when one of you had the power. I can just imagine Marth getting the smash ball, Zelda falling into his arms, a warm glow appearing about them and *Heart explodes*. (Please refer below)

Well, I suppose this will become my idea list heraaaah. . . ?

Yoshi + Bandana Dee: Yoshi grows wings like in Brawl, and Bandana Dee hops on his back! Depending on who initiated the Final Smash, their roles are as such: If Yoshi initiates, he gains his main K.O. move from Brawl, the large fireball spit, while Bandana Dee takes the role of !Stunlocker! with rapid, extremely high hitlag low knockback spear throwing. If Bandana Dee initiates, he throws much more devastating spears as the K.O. move, while Yoshi takes the role of !Studlocker! with rapid, extremely high hitlag low knockback streams of flame.
Falco + Wario: If Wario initiates he eats garlic and Falco eats a reuben with WORMS instead of corned beef and gains DUAL BLASTERS like in that SSE cutscene. They become super like Warioman and Birdman! If Falco initiates, he gets in DAT ARWING like always, but he puts a G-Diffuser on Wario's bike and has Slippy give it a few upgrades, ultra pew pewing ensues.
Meta Knight + Ganondorf: Either initiates, the world is wrapped in darkness and a terrifying roar is heard accompanied with gory slashing noises, all enemies are instantly K.O.'d, and they don't care you have invincibility frames.
Yoshimitsu + Bandana Dee: What I have in mind can be described quite quickly; They spin their weapons and become Roflcopters of death.
Kirby + Snake: Kirby initiates, Kirby gains the MIKE or CRASH ability while Snake gains super earplugs or hides in his box, the effects are respective to the corresponding ability that makes sense as Snake is unharmed. Snake initiates, Kirby calls for his WARPUSTARUUU and Snake forces him to gain the SLEEP copy ability (choke out maybe?). Snake takes Kirby's Warpstar (maybe prototype star, air ride reference?!??) for a ride with a rocket launcher.
Mr. Game and Watch + Robotic Operating Buddy: I know this would be an excellent combination for retro power, and I have had experience with both their original games, I can't think of anything.
Mario + Sonic: Something related to their friendly rivalry.

My favorite and perhaps the most offensive, Marth + Zelda: The smash glow envelops them as they embrace and kiss passionately, both are healed to 0%. For one whole minute Marth gains a sort of automatic L canceling, absolutely no ending lag on his moves, and will never be forced into the helpless animation, making him near un-punishable. In addition he acquires the Shield of Seals and has a chance to 'critical strike' and 'double'! For one whole minute Zelda is surrounded by Nayru's love, permanent style, gaining the light arrows (Albiet nerfed as not to make this smash mega overpowered and give the team 10 KOs as opposed to the overpowered 5) as her new neutral B and amping up all her other moves to 11.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I also had such an idea. it would be great for some pairs:

Mario and Luigi - Mario Bros. Finale
Luigi pulls opponents using his vacuum and Mario uses a fire powererd Super Jump Punch while the enemies are trapped, launching them upwards.

Mario and Ice Climbers - Snowstorm
Mario uses an Ice Flower to become Ice Mario and combining his power with the Ice Climbers' unleashes a massive icicle rain through the entire stage. In stages with water, the water temporarily freezes over and becomes like slippery platforms.

Link and Zelda / Sheik - Wisdom and Courage
The pair hold their Triforce hands upwards and a massive lightbeam imbues them with power. Link becomes more agile while Zelda / Sheik becomes invulnerable for some time. Both effects last the same amount of time.

Link and Ganondorf - Power and Courage
Like above, Link becomes more agile and Ganondorf's attacks recieve boosted damage and knockback. Both effects last the same amount of time.

Zelda / Sheik and Ganondorf- Power and Wisdom
See the effects for Zelda and Ganondorf above: it's the same idea.

Ice Climbers and Pit - Icicle Arrow
The Ice Climbers inbue Pit with an icy aura and Pit shoots an arrow made of ice, freezing everyone in its path. Similar to Zelda's Light Arrow, but with an ice effect and much less knockback.

Ness and Lucas - Psychic Meteor
Ness and Lucas synchronize their minds to form a giant meteor hitting anything in its path. Upon hitting the ground, it explodes, sending any victims away.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
This will be a great idea to be banned in the competitive gameplay.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I'm still in shock over the fact that Yoshi grew F#$%#%$ WINGS! Holy S#$% that was awesome! I don't think I could handle him transforming into a dragon while being ridden by Kirby in his Final "Perfect Form" into battle. To much win to accept at once.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Here are some more ideas:

Meta Knight: 1 has him spin in a tornado that homes in on enemies. 2 would be to teleport next to enemies far away and smack them.

Sonic: 1 would be to turn intro Super Sonic and, well, same thing as his Final Smash in SSBB. 2 would be to kick to give the other character a speed boost with their FS.

You could see how MK1+S2 would look like, but picture MK1+Link2 (Light Arrow from previous post). While the enemies are trapped in MK's Tornado, Link would Light Arrow them for a MULTI-KILL.

Captain Falcon: 1 is a OHKO Falcon Punch (as in it teleports the enemy completely off-screen)(His new neutral B would be his current Side B, and the new Side B would be the knee of justice). 2 could be to go into the Blue Falcon and run some stuff over.

Solid Snake: 1 has him call for a chopper, and he blows stuff up with a rocket launcher. 2 would be to hide in a box and receive complete invincibility until ten seconds after the other Final Smash is over.

Chopper + Blue Falcon = WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW?

I'm still in shock over the fact that Yoshi grew WINGS! Holy crap that was awesome! I don't think I could handle him transforming into a dragon while being ridden by Kirby in his Final "Perfect Form" into battle. To much win to accept at once.
I think I know how to get past Abigale from Kirby 64 not being in Smash Bros for a Zero Two Fight: Just Use Yoshi!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, I can't see this working very well if you're going to combine them as you're looking at X^2 different possibilities with X being the size of the roster.

One possible thing would be to allow tag final smashes like you see in Marvel vs. Capcom.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
Well, I can't see this working very well if you're going to combine them as you're looking at X^2 different possibilities with X being the size of the roster.

One possible thing would be to allow tag final smashes like you see in Marvel vs. Capcom.
Thats the idea, a basic launches 1 special into another for most. But a few key character combos unleash a more epic attack. Which only makes the variable X(character roster) X*X*X in a solo smash, a 1 special, and a 2 special. Not to mention the team attacks.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thats the idea, a basic launches 1 special into another for most. But a few key character combos unleash a more epic attack. Which only makes the variable X(character roster) X*X*X in a solo smash, a 1 special, and a 2 special. Not to mention the team attacks.
I think custom tags should be avoided when it comes to final smashes. What would be an easier solution would be for the tagger say something specific to certain tagees and vice versa.

:phone:

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Off topic...
I really hope they add Lucas (Sinnoh Pokemon Trainer) or maybe Hilbert to SSB4... as well as Quote...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This idea would probably be a pain to pull off with a huge roster. Sorry, but I don't really see it working out.

thunderkat2

Smash Rookie
If they add this, they should also add team names, like in Mario Party 6 or something

Mario Luigi: Mario Bros

Peach + Zelda: Kingdom's Hearts (Yes, they could use a nice reference, and since they're princesses...)

Bowser + DK: Anti-Plumbers

Kirby + Jigglypuff: Fluff & Tuff

Yeah, I'm not good at coming up with names. But it could still work, and it'd help define the Team aspect of playing along with Team Smashes.

Posted from Smashboards.com App for Android

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
Well if this ever happened, I think that the two would do their FS's, but at the same time. Like in Samurai Warriors Chronicles (3ds) when you use your special attack, (called Musoi or something like that I believe.) near an ally, the both of you use your respective attacks together. So I feel that it would be more like that.

Imagine Peach making the opponents fall asleep while Samus uses her laser and sends the helpless enemies flying. Then the two use the peaches to heal their health! Sounds like epicness to me :). Yet I can see characters of the same series like Link and Zelda having a more defined team smash that actually has something to do with the two of them.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Well if this ever happened, I think that the two would do their FS's, but at the same time. Like in Samurai Warriors Chronicles (3ds) when you use your special attack, (called Musoi or something like that I believe.) near an ally, the both of you use your respective attacks together. So I would feel that it would be more like that.

Imagine Peach making the opponents fall asleep while Samus uses her laser and sends the helpless enemies flying. Then the two use the peaches to heal their health! Sounds like epicness to me :). Yet I can see characters of the same series like Link and Zelda having a more defined team smash that actually has something to do with the two of them.

Another example you could use is UMvC3. It is possible for you to activate the supers for all three of your fighters at the same time, and they'll combine the attacks to deal extra damage to the person you're fighting against.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Another example you could use is UMvC3. It is possible for you to activate the supers for all three of your fighters at the same time, and they'll combine the attacks to deal extra damage to the person you're fighting against.
In UMvC3, it did make some sense because that enabled you to land a strong attack on your foe, decreasing their health a lot.

Team play in Smash, however, doesn't have the same mechanics as in UMvC3. The Final Smash move is supposed to be a Final Smash, meaning it's pointless hitting your opponent with two Final Smashes at the same time. It would look cool though and I guess experimenting with different combinations would be fun. It could also work if they nerfed the Final Smashes to a level somewhat similar to the Super/Ultra/Hyper Combo moves in Street Fighter or UMvC3.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
I like one for kirby and metaknight Kirby takes metaknights sword ability and they just have an awesome blade tornado (like metaknights B but bigger and with swords in it.

Top Bottom