• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Colors

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
This is a simple topic, but something that came to my mind since I started using textures. As you know, Sonic, Lucario, and I guess the PKMN Trainer colors for their teams really aren't all that different. It can make it hard to tell who is on what team, especially if there are two Sonics (for example) on separate teams. Do you guys think we can agree (when we get space) to incorporate the texture hacks so that we can provide those characters with more significant color changes for their team matches?

For example:

Sonic and Lucario would stay the same when on the blue team but when on the red...

For the Green team Sonic could be...

I couldn't find a good green Lucario and I didn't want this topic to have 6 more pictures for each Pokemon, but you get the point. It's not our most pressing issue, but with it we could avoid rules like:
Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), either team is allowed to request control of a certain color (for themselves or their opponent) to help lessen confusion. In a disagreement, go by rock paper scissors

The Cape

Smash Master
Sounds like a good way to handle the old Melee Falco problem.

He's always on blue team.

Mario red and blue teams need a change as well as they are way too similar.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
good idea, but then its confusing with the character select portraits which afaik you cant change with the sd method, only the disc burn method.

its a maybe, though its low priority.

Revven

FrankerZ
You can change the CSPs, it's just a **** LOAD of work! Also, PT apparently takes longer to switch with textures applied to them...

The Cape

Smash Master
I put the following into my game and would like to suggest them as a standard to assist in teams play:

edit:

or this Lucario:

Team Giza

Smash Lord
I'm fine. But I think if we use a green and red Sonic we should use ones that are based of the color glitches that appeared in early Sonic games.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea is there a code where we could add a 4th team - like a dark team? so many characters have dark colors, and we can add the rest

Top Bottom