• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Battles in For Glory

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What do you think about For Glory's Team Battles?

StormBuster

Smash Rookie
I generally really enjoy them when the lag isn't too bad. It's a lot of fun adapting to different situations and your partner's play style in such a short amount of time.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Not much of a fan. I'd rather rely on my skill alone than with a partner. Unless I was able to choose a friend to play with. Then I would love it.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I don't use it. If there was a way to choose your partner other than sitting next to them and constantly leaving and rejoining, then hoping you get randomly paired, I'd play. I'm also not a fan that it's on time and not stock. That takes a colossal part of the strategy out of it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Almost if not all my partners were terrible. The only thing this mode encourages is annoying spam, the use of power characters, and of course, even MORE Macs. It's like you know you would decimate some of those lucky players in 1v1s, but they dwell in the luck that is the 2v2s, especially when there is no team attack on.
In other words, it's generally skill-less. And my ratio is having more losses than wins because of all this.

Last edited:

Shadow Blitz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sectmk
The lack of stocks is a thing, but I can understand why they don't have that b/c the weaker players would be playing less and watching more. Sadly, the 3ds's abilities can't really handle 4 players online, so it seems.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
The lack of stocks is a thing, but I can understand why they don't have that b/c the weaker players would be playing less and watching more. Sadly, the 3ds's abilities can't really handle 4 players online, so it seems.
Isn't that great, though? Instead of Specator Mode-ing 8 year olds in "For Fun" in a luck fest where nobody has any skill, you're instead watching those who beat the crap out of you! And because they did, they are likely better than you, and THUS you can actually learn from them.

Somebody please brutally murder spectator mode and burn it's corpse.

Mr G W

Smash Cadet
I find that my performance is a lot better on team battles.

I have a 76% win rate for team but only like 40% for solo.

Last edited:

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
It makes no sense that it's two minutes. That alone takes away a lot of the appeal of it for me.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I mainly did 2v2 online back in Brawl, so it stuck with me into Sm4sh. I like the randomness of it, where you can be protecting someone one match and fighting them the next.

Last edited:
Top Bottom