• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teach me how to meteor smash using Mario Fair.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I really hate this move. It's not a conventional meteor smash, and it's a hell to land. It has the longest animation, so if you wiff it, your screwed. It doesn't even send the opponent that far down.

It's actually the second weakest meteor (in front of DK's meteor Forward B)

Look, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but the meteor annoys me. Ness deadly stomp of pain is fast AND strong. (stronger than Ganon at 0%. Ganon beats Ness in power at well... 100%. :laugh:)

Teach me the ways of the attack!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Fireball > F-air is ****.

Otherwise the only good way to land F-air is to mindgame your way to it, which is no easy task at all.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I really hate this move. It's not a conventional meteor smash, and it's a hell to land. It has the longest animation, so if you wiff it, your screwed. It doesn't even send the opponent that far down.

Look, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but the meteor annoys me. Ness deadly stomp of pain is fast AND strong. (stronger than Ganon at 0%. Ganon beats Ness in power at well... 100%. :laugh:)

Teach me the ways of the attack!
lol, no one's making you use it. You're just missing out on the epic. The last few seconds of this vid generally show how it's used. I'm sure BO X7 and JO~P will also argue that it's far from...well...what you've described...even though what you've said is accurate.

Even if you don't hit on the hitboxes that cause the meteor, the knockback is more than that of Bair. Full hop Fair autocancels as well.

Otherwise the only good way to land F-air is to mindgame your way to it, which is no easy task at all.
Basically this.

Matt07

Smash Master
:laugh: I love getting a spike with f-air, it's so good. But, usually on heavy characters, uair, to f-air is really good and nice. What I do sometimes (maybe works 25% of the time) is to throw them off the edge, and follow up with a f-air.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Fair takes so practice. You have to get used to its slow start-up before you can use it effectively, and even then, it's hard and opportunities to use it are scarce. I would recommend doing a few sets of Fair only kills on level 3 CPUs to get used to it first, and then go from there.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
It's an awful move and I suggest just aiming to kill someone instead. I meteored a Toon Link, but he recovered and toadstooled me to death. I usually only use the Fair by accident.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
F-air is awesome on Battlefield because fullhopped F-air AUTOCANCELS ON PLATFORMS.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's an awful move and I suggest just aiming to kill someone instead. I meteored a Toon Link, but he recovered and toadstooled me to death. I usually only use the Fair by accident.
It's awful, but it's still usable. MUCH more usable than d-tilt I should say. You shouldn't use it regularly, but that once in a blue moon F-air can give you an easy meteor kill.

Don't spam it, but keep it in your moveset.

Matador said:
lol, no one's making you use it. You're just missing out on the epic.
F-air is more epic than the Falcon Punch.

iMichael

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Efv0xO3Dw

Watch the ending of this vid.....shows the fireball > f-air. IMO the best ways to use the F-air is to either cape glide out and hit the opponent or the fireball > f-air...other then that...it's pretty pointless. In Melee it had it's uses on the field because of l-canceling(I'm sure you guys don't care for Melee)...but like i said...IMO those are the only two good ways of using it.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I doubt it's the 2nd weakest meteor. Yoshi's Dair is extremely weak (it just has push down potential), but i've spiked a pikachu at like 50-60 with mario's fair and a few other characters higher in percents so it's not all that bad. It does have a ridiculous wind up time but that only makes it sooo much better when you land it. out of a caped jump is my favorite way to set it up since people get discombobulated when they're caped for some reason.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
For the people saying it's useless...it's pretty far from it. It's only useless if you noob around with it...like MK.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
It's hard to land but it's not weak, just weaker than Ness's, DK's, and Ganondorf's which are the most powerful meteors in the game. It's about the same power as most other meteors just a lot longer. It's not impossible to set it up and it is epic when it lands. Cape, fireball, FLUDD, and Uair are all good ways to setup a Fair. Just be glad that Mario has has a decent meteor now, in Melee it was suicide most of the time.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Dude, Fireball to Fair is ****! But landing isn't the only problem, the move itself is actually weak.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Yes, it's quite weak, which is why you don't use it regularly and mindgame it. The surprise of it hitting leads to easy kills.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
It's hard to land but it's not weak, just weaker than Ness's, DK's, and Ganondorf's which are the most powerful meteors in the game. It's about the same power as most other meteors just a lot longer. It's not impossible to set it up and it is epic when it lands. Cape, fireball, FLUDD, and Uair are all good ways to setup a Fair. Just be glad that Mario has has a decent meteor now, in Melee it was suicide most of the time.
It's weaker than Zelda's, Yoshi's Ike's TL (first frame) Nana's fair, e.ct. It's the weakest. (a friend of mind had a test, and IIRC Mario was at the bottom)

In Melee, the animation was also shorter and it had a kickass sound effect.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Another Fair thread from you? Geez i never really found it that hard to connect. Its a bad move but better than D tilt. I only use it when my oponent least expects it.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Another Fair thread from you? Geez i never really found it that hard to connect. Its a bad move but better than D tilt. I only use it when my oponent least expects it.
I only made one.:mad:

Fireball than Fair's you.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
It's weaker than Zelda's, Yoshi's Ike's TL (first frame) Nana's fair, e.ct. It's the weakest. (a friend of mind had a test, and IIRC Mario was at the bottom)

In Melee, the animation was also shorter and it had a kickass sound effect.
I don't doubt you but how did your friend test this? Anyway, Melee's was still suicide most of the time.

Here's the meteor power of characters: http://www.allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=7874&page=1

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
now if your as insane as i am, you'd wanna use your dub-jump and spike them again, just because you can....but thats just me =p

key to it is just prediciting your opponents movements and landing the spike when it counts, don't go trying to Fair people to death at 0%, thats how u earn the label "noob"

I'm sure BO X7 and JO~P will also argue that it's far from...well...what you've described...even though what you've said is accurate.
matador just loves throwing my name around haha

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
It's among the weakest meteors but it still isn't the weakest or even second weakest. Still a meteor that doesn't cause you to suicide everytime you use it is a big improvement from Melee.

Top Bottom