• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TCP, UDP, Ports HELP! - Know what to do, not how to do it.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I figured out what's wrong with my connection. After testing out P2P programs and SWF Friend finder, I realised it's not just my Wii that's having problems.

I need to find a way to get this information:

"Allowing TCP and UDP Traffic:
The Wii console may require unrestricted access to several sites across various ports and protocols to function correctly. These addresses and ports vary, and may change in the future without notice. Many software firewalls restrict outbound access. Only if your firewall blocks outbound traffic do you need to enable this traffic:

TCP:
Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443

UDP:
Allow all traffic to all destinations. (Necessary for peer-to-peer connections and game play). Our Network Test tool can be used from a computer behind your firewall to test if outbound UDP is allowed."

Into this page:

Hopefully that will fix everything. If it doesn't, I'll have to ask about this.

""Trusted" IP Ranges:
There are also potential ranges of IP addresses that may need to be added to the "trusted zone" for your software firewall or PC security program for Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector users. Each of these would need to be opened up for TCP and UDP traffic, or for some firewalls or security programs, added as a "trusted zone." Please consult the manual for your firewall or security program for more specific information.

192.168.1.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
172.16.1.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
0.0.0.0 subnet mask 255.255.255.255"

Information taken from

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineFirewall.jsp

Personal info:

Vista Premium
D-Link WBR-2310 Router.
COMODO Firewall
AVG Free Antivirus

Top Bottom