• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tata Hack Pack V.1.0C (Perfect Pivot, DACUS, and MUCH more) Update!

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I’ve made dash-attack be able to be jump cancelled and with this comes a new glitch technique. At the very end of the dash-attack animation(not IASA but the end of the animation) you will teleport back to where you started the dash attack in 1 frame. If you input a move 1 frame before the teleport you’ll retain some momentum dependent on your friction and slide with the move.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Also I can confirm there is some sort of "super teleport" that allows you to teleport to the end of the stage, no idea how to do it though :p
Edit: figured it out, if you dash on the frame before the teleport you just keep the momentum until you fall off the stage.

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I found a neat little thing while editing the dash subaction. In it there are two "autocancel scripts) the first one being 4C 00 00 00 and the second being 4C 00 00 01. They disable and enable being able to use a dash attack respectively. If you change the first autocancel to 4C 00 00 01 you can use a dash attack and not have your inputs ignored.

Edit: If you change it to 4C 00 00 02 you will just instantly transition to your run animation. Strange.

Last edited:

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
tatatat0 tatatat0 Would it be okay with you if I took some of the stuff from your mod (Such as the Electric modifier) and put it in my mod? I'm not releasing it to the public this is just for me.
Edit: Speaking of which, how did you change that multiplier?

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
tatatat0 tatatat0 Would it be okay with you if I took some of the stuff from your mod (Such as the Electric modifier) and put it in my mod? I'm not releasing it to the public this is just for me.
Edit: Speaking of which, how did you change that multiplier?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bvxUSz9oY9qcGXQqBBrNhSreQf4BpHrqS0BhBmHAt9A Its all in the PlCo.dat file, which you'll have to use something like GCR to get out. Which I just so happen to have that in the latest version of tatahackpacks TOOLS folder :yeahboi:. and idc about the electric modifier mate, its all good.

Last edited:

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
For the past month my computer has been kinda bricked but I now have my portable electronic computing device working again and I am happy to announce that I shall resume development promptly.

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
For the past month my computer has been kinda bricked but I now have my portable electronic computing device working again and I am happy to announce that I shall resume development promptly.
Wow so you are alive O:!
I was wondering for a while. Glad you're back~
Good luck

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, I'm working on another project right now, so I'm only going to work on this on the weekends. But what I plan on doing is A: Fixing broken stuff. I've already done some of that in what I've yet to release B: Getting every character modded C: Make guides for characters ins and outs and/or matchups. I have the current change log up to now and what I've been working on here.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
A couple nice PlCo.dat offsets:
0xA324: is airdodge landing lag
0xA138: (something to do with tumbling)?? (Hillarious)
just set 0xA138 to 0x42C80000 for fun times.
xA6A0:is the time the spawn platform lasts for.
xA47C: is the length of ledge intangibility.
xA478: is the length before you can regrab the ledge.
(I've now come to the assumption that is it either the base damage or knockback required to tumble)
(Didn't feel like it was significant enough for its own thread or what not, so I combined the ones I just found with ones I posted months ago)
Also updated the doc with these and a lot more notes. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bvxUSz9oY9qcGXQqBBrNhSreQf4BpHrqS0BhBmHAt9A

Last edited:

QuantumKiller

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShreckIsDreck
3DS FC
1435-5574-6890
Roy's nair is too fast that no one ever seems to land it, also his moonwalk is pretty fun but I think it's something you might want to consider lowering (movement speed? idk). I'm going to play it later tonight again with some buddies so I'll let you know if we find anything horribly broken or just dumb(I know it's a beta :p). Anyways thanks for the fun hackpack!

Res

Smash Rookie
Pretty interesting mod! I'm having some fun playing it but it's really wacky, haha. I really like the addition of being able to RAR now, that's cool

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Pretty interesting mod! I'm having some fun playing it but it's really wacky, haha. I really like the addition of being able to RAR now, that's cool
Thank you for your input! I have some other interesting things in the works for the mod right now, including a lot of cool polished graphical changes which I feel are very important. Balancing from here on out is going to be more of smoothing the rough edges of characters (which there is a lot), ensuring that no character is too dominant and that every character is viable. Any suggestions you may have are welcome and will be taken into consideration. :)

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I guess its time for update hype! Update will go live within the hour.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
Hey, I finally took the plunge and built the iso, and I'm really enjoying this mod so far! Fox moonwalks are great, and the electricity hitstun is hilarious. There are a couple things I ran into, although they may be a result of my system. Exiting the debug menu (using B, without changing anything) switched the game to Japanese, and using either Ganon's utilt (tried twice) or Mewtwo's down special (tried once) froze the game. Opening CPU character slots seemed unintuitive (taking multiple A presses on "N/A" to open the slot, and I couldn't get P2 to open until after I opened P3 CPU), and trying to grab a CPU tile from Falcon's spot (with A) tended to exit the CSS. I'm running this from SD on Nintendont, in case that helps.

There were a couple changes I was curious about. Both Falcon's and Ganon's aerial side-B still put you in special fall after the long finishing animation, but Falcon's grounded side-B (off ledge) puts you in post-second jump fall, even if you haven't used that jump yet (didn't test Ganon). While I can understanding losing the second jump, I'd like to advocate for the same actionable fall state out of the aerial side-B (or removing the finishing animation before special fall), if doable.

Also, minor cosmetic stuff like updating CSPs and stage portraits would be nice, but that's probably something you're thinking about getting to eventually (I miss my Lavender Fox). Have you considered using some of the debug menu from 20XX? Having toggles for L-canceling flashes would also be nice.

Altogether, this is a great mod, and thanks for all your hard work! I'm excited to see how it develops.

Edit: If you'd like some help formatting and/or writing up a summary of changes / important techniques, I'd be glad to help.

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I finally took the plunge and built the iso, and I'm really enjoying this mod so far! Fox moonwalks are great, and the electricity hitstun is hilarious. There are a couple things I ran into, although they may be a result of my system. Exiting the debug menu (using B, without changing anything) switched the game to Japanese, and using either Ganon's utilt (tried twice) or Mewtwo's down special (tried once) froze the game. Opening CPU character slots seemed unintuitive (taking multiple A presses on "N/A" to open the slot, and I couldn't get P2 to open until after I opened P3 CPU), and trying to grab a CPU tile from Falcon's spot (with A) tended to exit the CSS. I'm running this from SD on Nintendont, in case that helps.

There were a couple changes I was curious about. Both Falcon's and Ganon's aerial side-B still put you in special fall after the long finishing animation, but Falcon's grounded side-B (off ledge) puts you in post-second jump fall, even if you haven't used that jump yet (didn't test Ganon). While I can understanding losing the second jump, I'd like to advocate for the same actionable fall state out of the aerial side-B (or removing the finishing animation before special fall), if doable.

Also, minor cosmetic stuff like updating CSPs and stage portraits would be nice, but that's probably something you're thinking about getting to eventually (I miss my Lavender Fox). Have you considered using some of the debug menu from 20XX? Having toggles for L-canceling flashes would also be nice.

Altogether, this is a great mod, and thanks for all your hard work! I'm excited to see how it develops.

Edit: If you'd like some help formatting and/or writing up a summary of changes / important techniques, I'd be glad to help.
The things with the CSS, the pointer image is a little bit below where the actual pointer is, I am still working on a fix for this. For ganon's up-tilt and Mewtwo's down special crashing the game, I really don't know, since it works fine on my dolphin. I'll definitely look into it though. With aerial side-b's of falcon and ganon they do not go into special fall actually, it just takes a WHILE. You can still use up-b afterwards, most of the time you just die though. I believe with the debug menu is that the default language in the selection is JP, you can change that to English before you exist. Oh and just a warning, items are really finicky, I'm working on some neat stuff with them so they will currently crash the game sometimes if you play with lots of items on. Anyways all the characters have been changed a LOT so you can always look up something in the giant change log here.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
The things with the CSS, the pointer image is a little bit below where the actual pointer is, I am still working on a fix for this. For ganon's up-tilt and Mewtwo's down special crashing the game, I really don't know, since it works fine on my dolphin. I'll definitely look into it though. With aerial side-b's of falcon and ganon they do not go into special fall actually, it just takes a WHILE. You can still use up-b afterwards, most of the time you just die though. I believe with the debug menu is that the default language in the selection is JP, you can change that to English before you exist. Oh and just a warning, items are really finicky, I'm working on some neat stuff with them so they will currently crash the game sometimes if you play with lots of items on. Anyways all the characters have been changed a LOT so you can always look up something in the giant change log here.
Also, using Jigglypuff on console tends to freeze the game after a few seconds, possibly caused by using bair, or a second/third jump?

Edit: Roy's counter (startup) also freezes console

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Also, using Jigglypuff on console tends to freeze the game after a few seconds, possibly caused by using bair, or a second/third jump?

Edit: Roy's counter (startup) also freezes console
I imagine the Up-b on jigglypuff only freezes in the air, you can tell me if its otherwise though. I have no clue why roy's counter would crash. I guess I'll look into that as well.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
I imagine the Up-b on jigglypuff only freezes in the air, you can tell me if its otherwise though. I have no clue why roy's counter would crash. I guess I'll look into that as well.
I don't believe I've tried the up-b. I'll look into it again, try to make sure I know what led to the crashes.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe I've tried the up-b. I'll look into it again, try to make sure I know what led to the crashes.
I have a vague idea of why the up-b causes a crash, but I'm not sure how it ties into other crashes. With jigglypuff's up-b I gave it a looping hitbox both in the air in the ground, and if that is causing it it will crash in the air and on the ground. However, I also made it land cancellabe in the air like falco's lasers, which might be affected by reading of the game data. If it is that, it will only crash in the air. Anyways, get back to me with which one it is. :)

Last edited:

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
I have a vague idea of why the up-b causes a crash, but I'm not sure how it ties into other crashes. With jigglypuff's up-b I gave it a looping hitbox both in the air in the ground, and if that is causing it it will crash in the air and on the ground. However, I also made it land cancellabe in the air like falco's lasers, which might be affected by reading of the game data. If it is that, it will only crash in the air. Anyways, get back to me with which one it is. :)
Jigglypuff up-b worked, both grounded and aerial, including the land cancel. The looping hitbox is pretty goofy, I hadn't messed around with that yet! All her jumps worked, looks like I was misremembering on that part. B-air worked as long as I finished the animation in the air, since trying to land during the b-air (un-L-cancelled) resulted in a freeze. Attempting the f-air resulted in a freeze.

Over the next few days, I might go through and do a more formal checkup on all the character's moves on console. I'm basically doing voluntary QA testing haha

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff up-b worked, both grounded and aerial, including the land cancel. The looping hitbox is pretty goofy, I hadn't messed around with that yet! All her jumps worked, looks like I was misremembering on that part. B-air worked as long as I finished the animation in the air, since trying to land during the b-air (un-L-cancelled) resulted in a freeze. Attempting the f-air resulted in a freeze.

Over the next few days, I might go through and do a more formal checkup on all the character's moves on console. I'm basically doing voluntary QA testing haha
It seems like its super buggy on the console for some reason. Very strange.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
Alright, so I went through and tested every character's: jab, tilts, pummel, throws, smashes, aerials, grounded specials, aerial specials, and landings on aerial moves. Also tested Peach, Link, Y.Link item throws. I found a few more things:

Ganon:
Neutral B cause a freeze when started on the ground, but works normally when started in the air, even if landed during the animation.

Link:
Aerial down-B into aerial forward Z-throw causes a freeze, even if there is a landing between the Aerial down-B and throw. No problem with grounded down-b into grounded forward Z-throw, aerial down-b into grounded forward Z-throw, grounded down-B into forward aerial Z-throw, or any c-stick throws.

Mewtwo: down-b works (both aerial & grounded), but neutral b causes a freeze after a short time (both aerial & grounded) without sound effect starting

Marth: being hit (activating) down-b (both grounded & aerial) causes freeze. If not hit, no freeze.

Roy: being hit (activating) down-b (both grounded & aerial) causes freeze. If not hit, no freeze.

Repeated from before:

Ganon: u-tilt causes freeze
Jigglypuff: landing during b-air causes freeze, inputting f-air causes freeze

Edit: Also, the grounded endlag on Roy's neutral B seems crazy long.

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
worm_hd worm_hd , has any of these crashes occurred on another melee mod like silly melee, SDR, or w/e? Also, does the sound effect on Mewtwo's down-b work? With mewtwo's neutral-B I know whats wrong with it. A LONG time ago, like February or something last year, mewtwo was just completely broken and I decided to make mewtwo's neutral-B heal him extremely fast if he fully charged a shadow ball for some reason(I made things a little broken at the beginning), and I totally messed with the entire move when I did it. I ended up removing the attacking hitbox during the initial charge for some reason which I now think is a horrible idea, because it can actually make some pretty good setups. I never really ended up removing the residue of the change when I removed it so I'm just going to revert that move back to how it originally was, so that is an easy fix. Also, do you play exclusively on the console with tatahackpack?

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
worm_hd worm_hd , has any of these crashes occurred on another melee mod like silly melee, SDR, or w/e? Also, does the sound effect on Mewtwo's down-b work? With mewtwo's neutral-B I know whats wrong with it. A LONG time ago, like February or something last year, mewtwo was just completely broken and I decided to make mewtwo's neutral-B heal him extremely fast if he fully charged a shadow ball for some reason(I made things a little broken at the beginning), and I totally messed with the entire move when I did it. I ended up removing the attacking hitbox during the initial charge for some reason which I now think is a horrible idea, because it can actually make some pretty good setups. I never really ended up removing the residue of the change when I removed it so I'm just going to revert that move back to how it originally was, so that is an easy fix. Also, do you play exclusively on the console with tatahackpack?
I've never gotten a freeze with SDR, silly melee, or 20XX (3.02, 4.05) that I can recall, and I've been playing 20XX on the same SD card (with changed game codes), so I do not see these crashes as a result of anything besides this specific hack pack. I have the newest version of Nintendont, and the Wii is well ventilated.

The sound effect on Mewtwo's down-b (a deeper hit sound in addition to the electrical damage sound) triggers on hit, but it's also easy to hit with only the electrical portion if you time it to hit a bit later in the move. Without hit, no sound effect plays.

That sounds like fun, if a bit ridiculous. It definitely seems like it freezes when it gets to the initial hitbox trigger.

I've played exclusively on console so far. I have Dolphin set up and do Melee netplay occasionally, but my laptop screen isn't very big, so it's more enjoyable to use my TV.

By the way, I'm the one suggesting all the edits on the Google Doc. I figured adding empty lines before each character section would make it easier to read.

Last edited:

c/c++

Smash Rookie
This is awesome work! Do you have the source code available some where? I'd like the fix multi man melee for the Tata pack =D. lmk, thanks.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
This is awesome work! Do you have the source code available some where? I'd like the fix multi man melee for the Tata pack =D. lmk, thanks.
I believe everything you should need can be gotten if you just build the ISO. The thing most likely causing both items and multi-man melee not working is some random changes in the start.dol which can be found by opening tatahackpack in GCR and browsing to the root folder. The changes can be found by doing a difference check between the original and tatahackpack's start.dol by opening them with a hex editor, and checking changes. If you want any more info on how to do that I can tell you how. I just have been busy focusing on future updates, character balance, and school. As soon as school is over I'll start working more often on this. Oh and, I finally figured out a way to balance Mewtwo but have not released it yet. (Hes been kinda unbalanced for a while now, which has been bothering me for a bit.).

Last edited:

c/c++

Smash Rookie
I believe everything you should need can be gotten if you just build the ISO. The thing most likely causing both items and multi-man melee not working is some random changes in the start.dol which can be found by opening tatahackpack in GCR and browsing to the root folder. The changes can be found by doing a difference check between the original and tatahackpack's start.dol by opening them with a hex editor, and checking changes. If you want any more info on how to do that I can tell you how. I just have been busy focusing on future updates, character balance, and school. As soon as school is over I'll start working more often on this. Oh and, I finally figured out a way to balance Mewtwo but have not released it yet. (Hes been kinda unbalanced for a while now, which has been bothering me for a bit.).
Alright thank you very much! I'm starting the debugging process now, I'll let you know how it goes

c/c++

Smash Rookie
I've compared the 2 start.dol files and found that without some sort of organization or explanation of the differences it is hard to debug. Do you have comments or notes about what the changes in different places are for? If you have a resource with some of the changes that were made it would be helpful. Thanks, Tyler

Top Bottom