• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tata Hack Pack V.1.0C (Perfect Pivot, DACUS, and MUCH more) Update!

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I've compared the 2 start.dol files and found that without some sort of organization or explanation of the differences it is hard to debug. Do you have comments or notes about what the changes in different places are for? If you have a resource with some of the changes that were made it would be helpful. Thanks, Tyler
I do have notes on places that are 100% NOT the thing causing the crashes. Also I just now thought of something, you should try temporarily replacing my start.dol with the default one to make sure that is what is causing it. Anyways, some regions you can ignore:
The regions in parentheses are continuous ones, you can just read the region at the top of the parentheses if you want.
0x168060-168064
0x22A218-22A21C
0x229224-229228
0x067A70-067A74
0x0C70AC-0C70B0
0x1614A8-1614AC
0x16109C-1610A0
0x170160-170164
0x3F725B-3F725C
0x3D1A48-3D1A98
0x1DA628-1DA62C
0x10C6E4-10C6E8
0x125EA4-125EA8
0x1486DC-1486E0
( 0x1486E8-0x1486F4
===========
0x1486E8-1486EC
0x1486EC-1486F0
0x1486F0-1486F4
)
0x1487C4-1487C8
( 0x1487D0-0x1487DC
===========
0x1487D0-1487D4
0x1487D4-1487D8
0x1487D8-0x1487DC
)
( 0x1488AC-1488C4
===========
0x1488AC-1488B0
0x1488B8-1488BC
0x1488BC-1488C0
0x1488C0-1488C4
)
Everything above this point is included in this thread
0x3CE800-3CF3DF(this one has to do with some special interrupts)
0x3BF800-3CF25F(table of contents)
(Need to include Frame speed modifier engine and entries in here, getting those)
That should help filter it a lot.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I think its about time to release an update. I've had a lot of changes waiting to be pushed and I think before I try working on larger changes I should push all the important things I have already done. More on it soon.

c/c++

Smash Rookie

c/c++

Smash Rookie
I have read that and I believe I edited the debug menu. I can look into what I changed / if I changed anything.
Alright. Let me know if there are any menus that need to be changed. I'd be glad to help, Thanks!

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
Hey, an update. Nice!

Booted it up on console (Nintendont), checked through the freezes I'd seen before:

Ganon: utilt still causes a freeze, grounded neutral b still causes a freeze

Link: aerial down-b into aerial z-throw (without standing on the ground in the middle) still causes freeze, no freeze if you touch down in the middle

Jigglypuff: f-air no longer causes freeze, b-air no longer causes freeze

Mewtwo: both aerial & grounded neutral-b still cause freeze

Marth: hit on both aerial & grounded down-b still cause freeze

Roy: hit on both aerial & grounded down-b still cause freeze

Also noticed some weird vertex issues with the respawn platform (very narrow, large black triangles). Did you make any changes there?

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Hey, an update. Nice!

Booted it up on console (Nintendont), checked through the freezes I'd seen before:

Link: aerial down-b into aerial z-throw (without standing on the ground in the middle) still causes freeze, no freeze if you touch down in the middle

Jigglypuff: f-air no longer causes freeze, b-air no longer causes freeze

Mewtwo: both aerial & grounded neutral-b still cause freeze

Also noticed some weird vertex issues with the respawn platform (very narrow, large black triangles). Did you make any changes there?
So I did fix a freeze on mewtwo! :D How much vertex issues???? Like show me a picture if you can.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
So I did fix a freeze on mewtwo! :D How much vertex issues???? Like show me a picture if you can.
Actually, the Mewtwo freezings are still happening, but you got the Jigglypuff freezes!

It varies in severity. Here are a couple shots of my TV. Not great quality, but they should work. https://imgur.com/a/nHe6R It seems to be related to the camera zooming out.

I also noticed a little quirk with Falco's side smash. When I try to charge it, the yellow flashing shows up, but the move starts immediately instead of charging, doing the same damage as c-stick or uncharged.

On a logistical note, shouldn't this version be called 1.1Beta? Looks like there was already a 1.0Beta preceding v1.0.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the Mewtwo freezings are still happening, but you got the Jigglypuff freezes!

It varies in severity. Here are a couple shots of my TV. Not great quality, but they should work. https://imgur.com/a/nHe6R It seems to be related to the camera zooming out.

I also noticed a little quirk with Falco's side smash. When I try to charge it, the yellow flashing shows up, but the move starts immediately instead of charging, doing the same damage as c-stick or uncharged.

On a logistical note, shouldn't this version be called 1.1Beta? Looks like there was already a 1.0Beta preceding v1.0.
Technically its name is 1.0B (I'll think of a name later). lol. Oh, I forgot to fix falco's side-smash. woops. I meant mewtwo's side-b and down-b freezes.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
Technically its name is 1.0B (I'll think of a name later). lol. Oh, I forgot to fix falco's side-smash. woops. I meant mewtwo's side-b and down-b freezes.
Alright, fair enough haha. Any reason you changed the charging color back? I thought the bluish color was pretty fun.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
? I didn't.
Oh, well, then I guess that's a bug on console. The reason I brought up version names is that, while I got the pack from the link in the OP, I feel like there's no way to be sure if I got 1.0B or 1.0Beta. When did you change the charging color?

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Oh, well, then I guess that's a bug on console. The reason I brought up version names is that, while I got the pack from the link in the OP, I feel like there's no way to be sure if I got 1.0B or 1.0Beta. When did you change the charging color?
1.0 is when I introduced it.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
The download link says "1.0Beta". The current version is called "1.0B", right? Maybe I'm playing the wrong version.
It does??? :( Well I'll update it here soon anyways with a cool game & watch thing I did.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Please, nerf fox
lol, 20XX is here. Anyways, I did actually slightly nerf fox in the update to be released, with a weaker nair and more punishable techs or a few other things. Also, some great characters against fox would be jiggs, mewtwo, and definitely shiek. Tbh fox is mostly the way he his because he is supposed to be the fastest character in the game. I tightened frame windows, reduced cooldown on wavedash's globally, enabled moonwalking for fox. But if you show me something that seems really broken with him I'll fix it. I actually didn't even really buff Fox that much. The I nerfed his u-smash/up-air, and made him slightly faster. Anyways, I'm really tired right now, so I hope I didn't mistake something. Have a nice day!

Maza Nomains

Smash Rookie
Having a problem with the xdelta patcher. When I hit patch I get an error: "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT". Is the a problem with my ISO? Is it because I'm using vMelee 1.00?

EDIT
Tried again with a v1.02 iso and it worked fine.

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Having a problem with the xdelta patcher. When I hit patch I get an error: "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT". Is the a problem with my ISO? Is it because I'm using vMelee 1.00?

EDIT
Tried again with a v1.02 iso and it worked fine.
Yeah it only works with v1.02.

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
Just noticed now that v1.0C is out, figured I'd run through the console freezes:

Jigglypuff: f-air still causes freeze, b-air still causes freeze if landed during the animation

Mewtwo: neutral b no longer causes freeze!

Just to clarify, the freeze is always the screen & game freezing while the music keeps going

Spawn platform vertex issues I had noticed seem to be gone

Exiting the sound menu with the music above zero causes a short freeze (with audio stuttering) that ends within a second

Hadn't noticed the music on FD before, that's pretty fun

Edit: Also, I dunno if this is intentional, but Kirby can do an instant slide-off out of forward smash if you hold away from the platform during the move.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Have you tried using MCM to manage the codes for this? It might help a lot with debugging. It will tell you if there are any mods directly conflicting with one another. And by incrementally disabling or enabling mods, it should be easier to pinpoint the problematic code (I recommend doing so with a binary search through your mods). There are lots of other useful features it offers as well.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Have you tried using MCM to manage the codes for this? It might help a lot with debugging. It will tell you if there are any mods directly conflicting with one another. And by incrementally disabling or enabling mods, it should be easier to pinpoint the problematic code (I recommend doing so with a binary search through your mods). There are lots of other useful features it offers as well.
I do use MCM for quite a few of my codes. A lot of my problems are somewhere hidden away in the PlCo.dat. But I do need to start cleaning some stuff up.

DraGon72097

Smash Rookie
So, since I noticed that you fixed kongo jungle, what's the .dol mod to remove the klaptrap?

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
So, since I noticed that you fixed kongo jungle, what's the .dol mod to remove the klaptrap?
Its a stage modification so its in a GrXX.dat file. I'll look back over this question later tomorrow. I'm completely out of it and about to go to sleep right now. I suggest checking the stage modifications page from the melee hacks and you thread. Thats where the documentation should be. Tbh, I'm pretty sure I know where to find the value, but I'm just so out of it right now. If you haven't already found it tomorrow, I'll reply with it.

DraGon72097

Smash Rookie
Its a stage modification so its in a GrXX.dat file. I'll look back over this question later tomorrow. I'm completely out of it and about to go to sleep right now. I suggest checking the stage modifications page from the melee hacks and you thread. Thats where the documentation should be. Tbh, I'm pretty sure I know where to find the value, but I'm just so out of it right now. If you haven't already found it tomorrow, I'll reply with it.
Thanks for the speedy reply. I guess you're right. I thought the klaptrap had to be disabled within the .dol, like the one on Jungle Japes, but it's disabled via the .dat file. Sorry to waste your time.

Top Bottom