• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tap jumping out of shine not viable?

Kyler

Smash Cadet
So basically ive always played smash in general with tap jump and have never seen it as a problem even though i only use it in melee when im canceling my shines as fox.
I knew that i was going to have to learn to use the x or y button when i decide to learn to multishine because i can only get 2 using the joystick.
but I just found out that lots of foxs use the jump buttons for everything and i was wondering what you guys do cause imo if its just one shine like off stage for a shinespike moving your thumb from the B button to the jump seems alot harder then just pressing up on your joystick.

TLDR: I use my joystick to cancel my shines am I going to have to change that

dvatch

Smash Cadet
I used to play with a super technical fox main who only used tap jump. Try practicing shine tech with both methods and choose whichever is more comfortable and consistent. Also tap jump buffers jumps so your jumps out of shine will be really fast.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Tap jump is probably the best way to shine grab, so I'd say it's certainly viable. Doubleshining with it is also fine, but if you do more than that you might want to use one of the buttons for jumping.

Top Bottom