• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tap Jump

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Tap Jump on makes short hop autocancel dairs much easier to just throw out, since it's just up+down on the c-stick.

It ALSO makes the Custom Duck Jump Snag a superb OOS option, and much easier to use since you don't need to time it after a shield drop. (just hold upb while still holding shield)

I personally have been struggling to utilize SH dairs for a long time, tap jump is quickly allowing me to use this superb roll and spacial punish. It's also a pseudo kill set-up, which we need.

I will however state, while it makes SH Dair easier, it doesn't really help RAR SH Dair.

Last edited:

Spirst

For OOS options, I just use R as a jump trigger rather than turn on tap jump. Tap jump is too finnicky for me to keep on since it messes up my utilts and uairs. R as a trigger still allows access to easy SH dairs since the middle/index finger pushes the trigger while the thumb uses the c-stick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom