• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tap Jump???

trickyghost

Smash Cadet
Ok, I'm not sure if its been discussed much here, but I could definitely use some help. I've been playing snake for a few months now and cannot decide whether or not to have tap jump on or not (so far it has been off). I was wondering if anyone has thoughts about whether it is something very beneficial to snake or not?

:phone:

trickyghost

Smash Cadet
Yeah I understand snake doesn't like being the air, but I know its also good for jumping oos to dair and jump with nades and throwing them (without having to shield drop it first). It looks like a good way to change up grenade play.

ErikG

Smash Ace
I have jump set to the shoulder button I do not shield with. That way, I can jump/Usmash out of shield, but can easily tilt my shield and dacus without accidentally jumping.

trickyghost

Smash Cadet
I have jump set to the shoulder button I do not shield with. That way, I can jump/Usmash out of shield, but can easily tilt my shield and dacus without accidentally jumping.
That's exactly what I was thinking about doing, I was going to set jump to L.

lightvash

Smash Cadet
yea I've kept it on cuz I love doing sh dair with tap jump, tap jump for the grenade play, and mashing up when getting tornadoed to jump out.

the only problem I have with that is that I find it easier to do instant throw with the left shield

I'll jump on the bandwagon after a two week bump.

I jump with a button, not a stick. To avoid chances of jump by accident, it's off.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
I use tap jump. Instead of being like a lot of people, I decided to just learn how to control my stick and tilt it right so I can get the correct results, instead of changing the option so I wouldn't have to perfect my control. short hop dairs are awesome with tap jump :D

Top Bottom