• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tap jump ultimatum?

NickLeo

Smash Apprentice
So I typically prefer to have tap jump off for all characters, but I found it to be a bit too difficult to consistently upB oos with G&W while still in jump-squat lag. I found tap jump to be extremely useful for upB oos, but I noticed that when I upB for an actual recovery, my second jump is gone every time.
What do you other G&Ws do about this issue?

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
Why do we even bother having a QnA thread...

And now to answer your question, I was the same as you, preferred standard controls, and was forced to switch to tap off because I'd lose DJ every time I up b'd recovering.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
At least this thread isn't a repeat.

Practice Buffering with C-Stick. Play against bots and just wait for them to attack you and Up-B OoS with C-Stick Up > Up-B. That's the big thing you are missing is that X & Y only input on one frame while tap jump press up over and over again, and so does C-Stick so if you can get use to using a different stick it's just as effective.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I leave tap jump on, and always recommend doing so. You can up-B without jumping using any of these methods:

1. Just slightly tilt upwards like you were doing up-tilt.
2. While holding towards the stage, rotate the stick upwards and then press B.
3. Buffer up during a bucket stall or an aerial.

WillieDangerously

Smash Cadet
I leave tap jump on, and always recommend doing so. You can up-B without jumping using any of these methods:

1. Just slightly tilt upwards like you were doing up-tilt.
2. While holding towards the stage, rotate the stick upwards and then press B.
3. Buffer up during a bucket stall or an aerial.
Nintendude, I love you man. I was actually having troubles with this myself and I'm going to practice these techniques so hard.

Top Bottom