• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tampa, FL Smash Players?!

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
Looking to see if there are any Smash players in Tampa, FL that have been holding some weekly games. Myself and a friend have been doing a few with some of his friends (I don't really know anyone that plays smash anymore), but it's nice to find some more people to play with.

I saw the Smashfest in Tampa, FL thread, but it's seemed to have died as far as actually getting people together to play. Sucks all the gaming centers around here have closed.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Yeah I live around waters/dale mabry. I'm usually down to play in afternoons, let me know what's up.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I tend to go to Rohins' place for smash, and I assume we'll start holding stuff at USF again now that some students are back.

Since I'm moving out of my girlfriend's apartment, she won't be keeping me chained to the house either and I'll be able to smash more. :p

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
I haven't used aim in forever, but I'll install Trillian or something so that I can keep up w/ you guys. Weekdays, I'm only really available late at night (9pm or later), but I'm sure we can make something happen.

As far as USF, where on campus were you holding events and was it free for you? Curious as to the procedure because I know when we scheduled things for my group it was based on student needs. And scheduling stuff for a video game is not necessarily student needs....or is it?

EDIT: Added you guys to AIM (just installed Trillian). My aim sn is "ImageTKD".

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Good ish, you have been added.

If we could get like a biweekly or something at USF that'd be awesome. I still need to check out that random lan center near me (if it hasn't been closed) which could be another possibility. It'd be cool to kick up the Tampa scene some...especially now that a51 in Brandon is dead.

Pretty sweet Suki will be more available, we can get some more regular practice goin on. Omega, I should be available next week for some gamin. I would tomorrow but I'm goin out, won't be back until like...Saturday night or something.

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
Yep

Hey i live in bradenton bout a 35min drive from Tampa man. If you looking for some peeps to smash with you gotta come down here, me and my friends host a tournament bout every single week on Wed, sometimes saturday. We get alota smashers in Bradenton. If you want you can check out www.bradentontournaments.tk it gives the info on the tournaments. So if you wana smash it up just lemme know.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
from the site:

Guitar Hero 2 - 3:00 P.M.
Halo 2 - 4:00 P.M.
Super Smash Bros Melee - 5:00 P.M.
Gears of War - 6:00 P.M.

so do the tournaments typically only last an hour?

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
Hey i live in bradenton bout a 35min drive from Tampa man. If you looking for some peeps to smash with you gotta come down here, me and my friends host a tournament bout every single week on Wed, sometimes saturday. We get alota smashers in Bradenton. If you want you can check out www.bradentontournaments.tk it gives the info on the tournaments. So if you wana smash it up just lemme know.
Wed @ 5pm? That is tough...well, more like impossible for me to attend. If you have more on a Saturday that'd be more possible. About how many people show up?

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Hey checked your site got the good rules and everything. I'll poppin by to these. What's the usual turnout for your smash tournaments?

edit: nm I won't be able to make Wednesdays, the place is an hour away from me. If there are Saturday tournaments though I'm game.

Duckroll69

Smash Cadet
Hey my friend is updating it now it never last an hour usually longer lol. Umm for SSBM id say usually 8 people. We just started this tournament thing but we like 8 but we'd love more! lol yea i can totally move it to saturday guys. Just tell me what times you want it to be on and i'll switch it right now. Cuz sense i aint in college i dont know whats a good time so just lemme know.

ImageOmega

Smash Cadet
Sat @ 11am or noon works well, and is this at a house? You can probably get a good turnout going for these things if you post a set date for a smash tourney.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
When I checked the site it was saying the next one is Saturday September 15th at 5:00pm.

So I guess the wednesday ones are more of a smash fest?

Top Bottom