• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taking 75% damage, giving 280% and losing

Johnny1234

Smash Rookie
So ive been playing against the kids, and feel like my game is much better than theirs lol. My question is is there a way for them to cheat? Both of them insist on always using the 1player remote (nintendo switch/smash brothers ultimate). I literally only took 75 percent damage, and gave almost 300% with no falls etc. and lost. I feel like it may be s setting. Pretty sure the percentages to begin the match were both at 0%. Not being salty, but curious if theres a way that im being handicapped without knowing, and if theres something up with them both usually wanting the one player remote. Any info would be great as id like to expose them, and then destroy them.

Johnny1234

Smash Rookie
So ive been playing against the kids, and feel like my game is much better than theirs lol. My question is is there a way for them to cheat? Both of them insist on always using the 1player remote (nintendo switch/smash brothers ultimate). I literally only took 75 percent damage, and gave almost 300% with no falls etc. and lost. I feel like it may be s setting. Pretty sure the percentages to begin the match were both at 0%. Not being salty, but curious if theres a way that im being handicapped without knowing, and if theres something up with them both usually wanting the one player remote. Any info would be great as id like to expose them, and then destroy them.
Anyome?

Nah

Smash Champion
You playing Stock matches or no?

Could also look at the settings for whatever ruleset you usually play under and see if anything there looks like it was done to intentional handicap someone.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I have no idea what that could be?? Which characters did you play against? Your character, Inkling, does not kill easily, whereas characters like Ganondorf and Shulk have the capacity to kill extremely early, so perhaps that's a factor? Did the characters you fight have a spiking down air? Those can also end stocks really early. Regardless, I'd check your ruleset to make sure nothing's off with that.

SirAileron

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirAileron
3DS FC
4339-2495-8012
If you're playing time matches (which is the default ruleset), the points that determine victory are KOs vs Falls. If you didn't KO anyone, it doesn't matter if you didn't take any falls. It's easier to KO people with high damage, so it's possible that all the damage you put in got taken advantage of by the kids if they actually got the point for the KO.

The rules many long-time players stick with are stock matches, which get determined by the last player standing as opposed to how many KOs were amassed within a time limit.

Othello-SSBU

Smash Rookie
Nobody has an answer for me
Sounds like you were playing on timed mode, in which the win condition is decided by who has the most points. You get one point for every time you KO another player, minus one point every time you get K.Oed, and Minus 2 if you accidentally die (under self destructs). Percent only makes KOing opponents easier but doesn't do anything in terms of scoring.
The only other way that they could "cheat" would be turning on handicaps in settings and starting you with a higher percent, but as you mentioned you all started at zero.
Hope this helps!

Extrasy

Smash Rookie
Sounds like the handicap setting was turned on for player 1 controller or so. You would need to check the Match settings before entering the character select screen.

Top Bottom