• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take ten minutes to contribute to science

ColinJF

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=1313]Take ten minutes to contribute to science[/drupal]

By completing this activity:

http://colin.shoddybattle.com:81/reading/

Please refrain from discussing the substance of the test though.

I've been curious whether capital letters help people read faster, and this activity will let me collect some data on it.

Thank you in advance!

(It is not necessary to post your results; they are already recorded in a database.)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Sure thing, Colin. I'll get right on it.

Edit: 1 test, 2.77 minutes, 3/4 questions correct.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Wow, that only took me 3.62 minutes. Next time I EXPECT SOMETHING HARDER. 6/6 Questions correct.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You took 3.35 minutes and scored 4 / 4 (100%).

Edit: I would do the one with the 6 answers, but I want to do other stuff now lol.

Arbutus

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure this has already been proven, at least partly. Proper capitalization helps the brain seperate data into chunks for faster storage, which in turn makes it easier to continue reading. A lack of capitalization generally leads to the brain attempting to keep track of everything at once.

'Course you sorta defeat the purpose of this by telling everyone the point of the test. They're going to concentrate harder on trying to memorize everything before continuing, plus there's a chance they're, you know, cheating by looking at the questions theeeeen reading. It might be a good idea to put the questions on a page after the story.

EH.

By the way, I posted this responce instead of how I did on the test only because I don't have a computer so I had to use my Wii and I'd have to zoom in and scrool to try to read it all and that's just annoying, but I couldn't use the single column view...thing because it was in the odd lil' box thing so it just shrunk. BUT I WANTED TO CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING.

Does this count as discussing the substance of the test? D:

Top Bottom