• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take a Stand for the Important Stuff... Bananas.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Those that complain about having seen this before really need to get over themselves...

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
I guess Sakurai has to fill up the two months of more updates he has to do some way.

Or more likely building up for the Ashley confirmation on Halloween.

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
hmm this just makes the villans unite theory fit more for the emissary doesn't it? oh and for those who have complained about already seeing this 3 days ago, this is a thread for dojo updates not complain about what you already knew.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrows Update.

Gadevoir. Or something exciting like Norfair..
I wouldn't mind those at all, Norfair is an interesting stage and I would like to see it included on the site and I can't figure out what Gardevoir does when you summon it, so I would love to know about that.

But as for the video update, it's not a bad update at all. Ironically, I had just watched the Game Trailers version about a minute before I saw the update, but I wasn't at all disappointed. The Dojo version is certainly superior to that of Game Trailers (despite being only a fraction of what the GT version shows) in both visual and sound quality. Personally, I really don't like videos being dubbed at all, so I'm really happy to hear what actually is meant to be heard in that scene (and the epic Kongo Jungle theme is fantastic).

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I have to say even though this is old news I really like the cutscenes in this game. I hope they have a movie feature where you can rewatch them after you beat that part.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I have to say even though this is old news I really like the cutscenes in this game. I hope they have a movie feature where you can rewatch them after you beat that part.

^ FTW!!!!!

If they do what was done in DK64, it will be fantastic. It's fiarly simple to implement and shouldn't take up much disc space at all, so why not? I want a menu where we can watch any SE videos, a new "how to play" video, a new "special movie", etc.

overthere

Smash Cadet
Um.. this video was alright. But really, Donkey Kong has things that are more important to him than bananas. This isn't Monkey Ball after all. I do appreciate the fact that he has an actual gorilla roar now. But is the hints of matrixness and even gangstaness necesary?

Not that it's really that bad, but the vid gives me the impression they really were scrounging for ideas concerning Donkey Kong and couldn't come up with anything creative.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
I love this clip, i have seen it before but its nice to see it inbetter quality and with is on sound. diddy kong is a freakin beast!!! anyways i think we'll have to expect seeeing stuff that we have already seen from the e for all convention over the next two weeks but hopfully sakurai can shed more light on them with anupdate. the only problem i had thouhgh was the vid was al we got today a double update with another clip from e for all would have been nice or maybe at least a musicc clip.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
A bit of a boring update, considering we've already seen the clip, but definitely the best Subspace video so far, and the music ROCKS TO NO END.

DK's voice scares me a little though. o.o; Did he sound like that in game in the demo? :p Although, even it is awesome in a way.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
I was just thinking last night it'd been a while since we got a Subspace Update like this...
I still like Pit's Descent better...

[/kid icarus fanboyism]

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
Quote Something we know again? Jesus, Sakurai quote
SAKURAI HAD NO IDEA THIS WOULD HAPPEN HE PLANS THIS STUFF IN 2 - WEEKS IN ADVANCE AT LEAST MAYBE EVEN MONTHS HOW WAS HE SUPOPOSE 2 KNOW

Phred

Smash Journeyman
the better quality of the vid makes seeing koopa troopa's pain a lot easier

****, now it looks really painful. poor guy.
I dunno, when you could barely tell, it looked kind of like DK was bashing the Koopa's guts out, but it turns out those are just leaves

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
yeah but now you can see how wide his eyes are with pain! before I thought he was on his back too cause I couldn't see his eyes, but now I can see he's on his stomach and screaming. poor dude.

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
Um.. this video was alright. But really, Donkey Kong has things that are more important to him than bananas. This isn't Monkey Ball after all. I do appreciate the fact that he has an actual gorilla roar now. But is the hints of matrixness and even gangstaness necesary?

Not that it's really that bad, but the vid gives me the impression they really were scrounging for ideas concerning Donkey Kong and couldn't come up with anything creative.
If you remember the first Donkey Kong Country game on the SNES, it was all about getting back the bananas. And when you ended the game, you got a mountain of bananas in your personal cave.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
I understand why the Bananas are so important to DK, but it still hilarious when compared to the others.

Kirby: A princess was captured! Mario defeated! I must find a way to stop this!

Pit: We're under attack! To arms, we must defeat these alien foes!

DK: LOL GIMME BAK NANNERS

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
I understand why the Bananas are so important to DK, but it still hilarious when compared to the others.

Kirby: A princess was captured! Mario defeated! I must find a way to stop this!

Pit: We're under attack! To arms, we must defeat these alien foes!

DK: LOL GIMME BAK NANNERS
LOL that mde me feel better. And nanners are important.

lucario_user

Smash Ace
bowser has become suddenly addicted to nanners and stole dk's to lure him out so that his goombas could be killed....either that or that the minions committed a mutiny and joined the acient minister. while on their journey dk meets up with bowser and together they punish the defective minions.

Top Bottom