• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take A Look at The Latest Smash Bros. Scans From Famitsu Magazine

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Japanese gaming periodical Famitsu recently published an article about the upcoming Smash Bros. releases. A significant portion of the article focuses on Shulk, and there doesn't seem to be any explicitly new information forthcoming, but there are still some great pictures in the article worth taking a look at. Check them out below!

What information pops out at you? Does this fuel your personal hype train? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit can't wait to get his hands on those CDs. Talk game music with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm really feeling it!
I love it!

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
Can't wait to see these translated, looks like tons of information, and even little tidbits on all the characters.

Hype train, leaving station 3. Woot, woot!

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
...Do I want to know the translation of the picture with Shulk and ZSS?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Hmm... Smash Soundtrack comes in two disks, Red and Blue...

Red and Blue... like Pokemon Red and Blue.

Mewtwo is a legendary Pokemon who debuted in Pokemon Red and Blue.

Mewtwo is a villain in the first Pokemon Movie.

Ridley confirmed.

(Srsly though, I'm loving that black and white outfit for Shulk!)

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I see two disks, a red one and a blue one.
Club Nintendo soundtrack, register both 3DS and Wii U with Club Nintendo and they send you a free soundtrack. It's available in all regions too, not just Japan :)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Ridley confirmed.

Half Life Ridley confirmed. (Also, me too!)

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
I can't wait to try out Shulk

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

Ridley confirmed.

LOL MAN! That one holy ass point.
Srsly they need to put Mewtwo. It would be cool to have Amiibo Mewtwo, people will buy that, AND ridley amiibo could be nice too.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
See? These guys know what's up, they put the half naked dude and the half naked girl in one screenshot so that no one has a reason to complain about either...eh who am I kidding, someine will find something.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That is a lot of coverage over.... Monado Boy!

I now demand similar treatment for Isaac, the JRPG hero who came first and has been waiting since Brawl for a spot in Smash!

Still looks cool though.

joomragre

Smash Cadet
You know what, at first I disliked the miis but I'm growing to love them more and more. Especially seeing how it's like they gave the generic clone polygons an awesome new relevant addition that we can play as. Plus we can customize the crap out of them and they don't take up a character slot...

ABN01

Smash Rookie
They are already translated. Search kantopia on google ( I can't post links)

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
So I have preordered both the 3DS and Wii U at Gamestop... I wonder if I'll still be able to somehow get my hands on the Soundtrack... I'm FAR too obsessed with this game to not have it.

I was looking at all the old PotDs from last year... and around this time last year we had pictures of Kirby replacing DK's head, and Luigi breathing down Marth's neck. We've come a LONG way and I couldn't be happier. This waiting game would have been miserable without my fellow Smashboards peeps to talk to about our shared obsession... so THANKS!!

CanadianSmasher1992

Smash Cadet
The magazine lists all the confirmed characters in the same order as the one in the roster leak, except for placing Lucina after Robin. Does this mean that clones like Dark Pit and Dr. Mario will be with their respective series instead of in their own isolated "clones" spot?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So I have preordered both the 3DS and Wii U at Gamestop... I wonder if I'll still be able to somehow get my hands on the Soundtrack... I'm FAR too obsessed with this game to not have it.

I was looking at all the old PotDs from last year... and around this time last year we had pictures of Kirby replacing DK's head, and Luigi breathing down Marth's neck. We've come a LONG way and I couldn't be happier. This waiting game would have been miserable without my fellow Smashboards peeps to talk to about our shared obsession... so THANKS!!
Well the soundtrack is free, so it won't be hard to get I think.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi

Ridley confirmed.

Sheesh why are you so wrong? OBVIOUSLY King K. Rool that's confirmed.

Last edited:

Shilvic

Smash Rookie
I'm really feeling like playing Shulk after his official reveal!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
It's seriously just repeated information we already know about Smash Run, customizable moves and the composers for the 3DS version. It tells us which moves are Shulk's specials, tho.

Here's something interesting. The characters listed are in order as they appear on the character select screen, but Lucina is listed in order with the Fire Emblem characters. Meanwhile, she is nowhere to be found on the supposed "starting roster" and in the leaked shot, she is in the corner. Hmm, what's that all about?

Then again, I'm grasping at straws but take it for what you will.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
The translation for the Shulk and ZSS bit reads:

"To accommodate for both parties, we gave Shulk a revealing "outfit" to go with Samus' skimpy alternate costume! It was made by a male designer too, hopefully this creates no issues pertaining unfair oversexualization of a character from a single gender. We're watching you, tumblr crybabies!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New character revealed! Bathing Suit Shulk and Bathing Suit Samus aren't actually alternate costumes but rather a single paired character a la Rosalina and Luma. You control one of them and use the other as your "Luma."

As demonstrated in the picture, their Forward Special involves Shulk/Samus smacking the other one's behind, creating a damaging sound wave.

#NewMain!

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
New character revealed! Bathing Suit Shulk and Bathing Suit Samus aren't actually alternate costumes but rather a single paired character a la Rosalina and Luma. You control one of them and use the other as your "Luma."

As demonstrated in the picture, their Forward Special involves Shulk/Samus smacking the other one's behind, creating a damaging sound wave.

#NewMain!
Damaging sound wave. Lmao.
10/10

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
hope shulk doesnt suck
He's got that Melee Marth range, but even longer, which is probably the one thing drawing me to him. His neutral B seems like it's gonna be pretty versatile too, depending on playstyle. Might be interesting to see how players use his Monado Arts if you ask me. Long range + stronger attacks with Buster and Smash will probably make him rather too strong, but we'll see about that once the game's out.

Top Bottom