• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tails over Metaknight

The ElectrOStudios

Smash Cadet
NNID
JOhm14
3DS FC
0662-4659-1255
Switch FC
SW 2863 8195 2119
I'm not sure if the moveset is finished or not, but if it isn't, I have a few suggestions. For either his dash attack or his side special, you could use his "Rapid Tails Attack" from Sonic Adventure. I sort of picture it similar to Link's Up Special, except on the ground, moving forward at a decent speed, and having less knockback. Also, instead of the dummy ring bombs for his down special, you could use normal looking bombs like the ones from Tails Adventure. It wouldn't really affect the attack itself, but I feel it might be a bit more fitting for Tails than the dummy rings.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I actually got the one that's meant for regular Brawl working fine on my Project M. Many of the Animations are wonky and everything but otherwise the moveset is fine and even a little balanced (As long you do replace the bomb-omb that's part of the moveset with the .pac files that come with it)

However, I would love if anyone with the technical know how and dedication fine tuned it for a legit Project M mod. I'm keeping what I have already. But it would be appreciated.

If Knuckles truly is coming in officially from that Project M leak a while back. I'm having Tails in there too, one way or another. Not that I'm that bitter about it since Knuckles is a good 2nd choice for another Sonic character if Tails can't. But at least I'll have the Classic Trio in Smash in some way.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if the moveset is finished or not, but if it isn't, I have a few suggestions. For either his dash attack or his side special, you could use his "Rapid Tails Attack" from Sonic Adventure. I sort of picture it similar to Link's Up Special, except on the ground, moving forward at a decent speed, and having less knockback. Also, instead of the dummy ring bombs for his down special, you could use normal looking bombs like the ones from Tails Adventure. It wouldn't really affect the attack itself, but I feel it might be a bit more fitting for Tails than the dummy rings.
I dont think we should have the rapid tails attack. Also, i think his side special should be dummy rings instead of down special, down special should be spin dash.

The ElectrOStudios

Smash Cadet
NNID
JOhm14
3DS FC
0662-4659-1255
Switch FC
SW 2863 8195 2119
I dont think we should have the rapid tails attack. Also, i think his side special should be dummy rings instead of down special, down special should be spin dash.
I'm curious as to why you don't think the Rapid Tails Attack should be a part of Tails' moveset. I think it would make for a great dash attack, and it's something that would furhter set Tails apart from Sonic. It's up to you in the end, but I think you should consider it, because I think it would be a much more suitable dash attack for Tails than a drop kick.

P.S. - I should have mentioned this before, but for a taunt, Tails could yawn like he does for is idle animation in the classic Sonic games.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I'm curious as to why you don't think the Rapid Tails Attack should be a part of Tails' moveset. I think it would make for a great dash attack, and it's something that would furhter set Tails apart from Sonic. It's up to you in the end, but I think you should consider it, because I think it would be a much more suitable dash attack for Tails than a drop kick.

P.S. - I should have mentioned this before, but for a taunt, Tails could yawn like he does for is idle animation in the classic Sonic games.
I think the yawn should be part of his waiting animations. The Rapid Tails Attack should be his down smash.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Well, the person that was previously working on tails couldnt get the model to work, nor the PSA. However, theres a thread on Brawl Vault where somebody is making Tails Over Project M Sonic, with the KTH model, which he got to work. Hes putting it over sonic because its easier to work over sonic for tails, and when finished, it can be ported over another character. Heres the thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=73900.msg1335764#msg1335764

Top Bottom