• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tactics trainable agaisnt CPU

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I am trying to learn some of the more advanced things about Captian Falcon... but I am short on both time, and opponents who are at the level where they can push me without pwning me to the point where I can't learn anything.

The air and gimp game has been frustrating... computers seem to read button inputs making that near impossible to pull off.

Grabbing I have had some success with... but they often breakout by the time I realize I have the grab and start the throw.

So... any combos and the like I could practice against CPUs? I know ill eventually need to find humans... but that isn't a readily available option.

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
Best thing i can tell you is to practice against a lower level cpu like a level 7 or 8. They don't do godlike air dodges constantly lol

D

Deleted member 269706

I'd say go up against a CPU leveled between 6 and 8 to start. Level 9 CPU's are from hell, don't bother with them. You can learn the timing for the knee as well as how to spike exceptionally easily as it's extremely simple to figure out where the CPU will jump. Also go into training mode, and practice generic combos against an idle Mario (since he's very average in terms of weight). Some good ones are...

Dthrow > Uair
Dthrow > Nair
Dash Attack > Uair
Uair > Uair
Uair > Nair
Uair > Fair

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Learn to space your attacks, and make sure you are comfortable with your movement.

Top Bottom