• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tactic with land mines

doC15

Smash Rookie
Im Sorry if this has already been posted, I am new here and have skimmed through the boards. A neat little trick I discovered today with snake is on levels with platforms (Such as Battlefield or Shadow Moses Island) you can plant a land mine on top of that platform. Now there are two ways to kill your oppenent from here.

1). A,A,A you oppenent knocking them horizontally into the land mine, which will send them directly upward into the air, often leading to their death.
2) You can fight your oppenent under the platform you planted the mine on and dtilt or utilt them into the air, which will send them directly to their death.

I would also like to hear your stories on how you guys creatively have used your land mines to trap somebody into their death. I am still researching new ways to do this all the time and your feedback would be appreciated.

Fish

Smash Rookie
Anti-Edge Guard

If being edge guarded, hover over and drop a mine, does WONDERS.
I drop mines near the edge all of the time just to keep my returns safe.

doC15

Smash Rookie
ahhaha thats a good idea i have never thought of before, I will definetely try that out. Keep the ideas coming!

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Well yea, pretty basic logic. But hey at least you realized the usefulness of camping under platforms on your own.

Lookie here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=154415 <- dsmash discussion

go ahead and bump it with your mine-use ideas so that future posters won't just keep creating new threads saying "I don't know if this has been done before...", "I'm not sure if this has been posted..." yadda yadda. It's just turning the board cluttered and spreading out the ideas/discusssion too thin.

Top Bottom