• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Tactic] Heights Bombing

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
I discovered this idea out last Friday (3/7/08), while I was playing my brother's Luigi at Shadow Moses, Heights Bombing is based of the same idea as rainbowcides, and I'm dead sure there is more places to use it.

Here are the steps:
1. stand close to or under a high platform. (I found this out while at Shadow Moses and stood by a full tower)

2. Grab your opponent with your back facing the tower (or platform).

3. use up throw.

4. Kirby will land on the tower (or platform) and send the opponent flying up. This will kill most characters at about 40%.

Some people may know this but I thought I should point it out. I have been called a cheater several times performing this on friends because it kills at such low percents. Be creative with this, I have found it works great on custom stages with blocks placed near the top of the stage.

storm92

Smash Ace
That's a great technique for maps like Shadow Moses Island, although many of the "tournament" maps like Final Destination and Battlefield don't have the towers, its very useful.
The only problem I see is getting the grab perfectly to kill them.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Awesome idea, just one question about it... which maps have towers/high spots that this can take advantage with? Y'know, besides Shadow Moses, 'cause I'm fairly sure that stage isn't going to even be a couterpick for tournaments lol

6footninja

Smash Ace
Yep, it works well actually. But like someone above me said, not all maps have a tower or raised area good for this. Still, nice technique. Thanks for sharing

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Holy gimp! Who said Kirbycides are impossible now? No tournament stages (or at least it seems like it) have high towers or even really high platorms you can U-throw below, but it's good for turning a few heads (or making them roll...) :rolleyes:

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
XD That's awesome, I never woulda thought of that. Prepare to get a nice surprise next time we play Shadow Moses my friends... he he he...

Top Bottom