• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Synopsis: Zero Suit Samus

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
Synopsis:

Zamus is a character with a lot of excellent attributes, that mesh extremely well to together for a smooth and fun playstyle full of comboing and disjointed hit box attacks. The obvious strategies so far is mainly to use aerials, grabs into combos, and to use <B> to for KOs. She has a great projectile that can be used for stunning your opponent as well as edgeguarding. This allows her to be an effective camper, but she can also rush an opponent both in the air and the ground. Spacing is also an extremely important factor in Zamus gameply, some of her attacks even have sweetspots. Spacing is also important when using her attacks with disjointed hitboxes so that you may hit your opponent but they can't hit you. Virtually every move Zamus has is used in everyday battle, so be sure to take advantage of it.

If you've played Zamus you would have noticed that she is very fast with a high short hop. Speed is always a great attribute to have while a high short hop can be extremely annoying. Though she is fast some of moves have a great deal of lag such as the landing on her Dair or if you miss a grab. Zamus's grabs are some of the few grabs in Brawl that can combo. In many of the movies I've seen the Dash grab> down throw> Uair which KOs at around 60-80%. Of course new techniques are being discovered everyday but I predict her playstyle to mainly stay around aerials.

The main thing that seems to be holding Zamus back is her tether recovery. It has great range, but if the ledge is already occupied your screwed into a sometimes early and undeserved death. Strategies to overcome this barrier still in developement, for now an good but risky way to re-take the ledge is to try to shoot gun at the edgeguarder and grab hold. However sometimes if not timed correctly you could fall to death in the process, but hey its worth a try since you were going to die anyway :laugh:.

Overall Zamus is a amazing character. Its just that stupid recovery thats holding her back.

Also just so no one gets offended this is mainly just my opinion on Zamus.

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Her stupid recovery? Really, it's quite good. She can tether from directly underneath and directly to the side of the stage with incredible range (the other tethers in this game are a lot more restrictive comparatively), she has two midair jumps, and on top of that all if you're getting edgehogged and you still have your down+b, you can do her special footstool jump back onto the stage, far from danger.

Ørion

Smash Ace
Arma said:
Her stupid recovery? Really, it's quite good. She can tether from directly underneath and directly to the side of the stage with incredible range (the other tethers in this game are a lot more restrictive comparatively), she has two midair jumps, and on top of that all if you're getting edgehogged and you still have your down+b, you can do her special footstool jump back onto the stage, far from danger.
The problem arises when someone is edge guarding you and grabbed the ledge so you cannot tether, this eliminates her main recovery move.

Purenchisu

Smash Cadet
The problem arises when someone is edge guarding you and grabbed the ledge so you cannot tether, this eliminates her main recovery move.
what orion sed is true but if some 1 is ledge hogginq you and they been on the ledge for more than 3 seconds you can use foward b or up b 2 hit them off the ledge i prefer up b because it pulls them down killing them @ them same time..

Subzan

Smash Rookie
I try to use down b to recover as often as I can. If someone is gaurding, I'll try to fall against the side of the stage to do a wall jump that will sometime keep her high enough to recover after invincibility wears off. It only works on a few stages. If someone is hanging on the edge and you hit them with every hit of the up b, it keeps you floating long enough to use another up b when they fall off. Also, if I'm high enough, I'll use side b on an edge hogging player and then recover.

Garde

Smash Ace
Zamus's tether reach is so good that it is VERY rare that she will get edge hogged before she actually has a chance to tether on.

On top of that, if you DI properly, she is so floaty with a good midair jump that about 90% of the time you're sent of the stage (and don't die outright) you'll be able to make it back without even having to tether. Because of this, most opponents are forced NOT to edge hog you and instead try to prevent you from landing on the stage (edge guarding), which often allows you to FF to tether, tether from above the stage, air dodge through an attack, down+B (and possibly footstool).

She has some of the best recovery options in the game, but there are some times that you get sent out at the side and someone edge hogs you. For those times it's best to try and take them with you, as I often do (which also makes them think twice about edge hogging unless they're at very high % and/or have a stock advantage).

EDIT: typos

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Why do ZSS noobs keep coming here and posting their "synopsis" or "overview" or "review" or whatever the hell you want to call it, expecting us to be impressed or going "wow we never knew that"? Read the rest of the threads before you waste our time posting garbage that's been buried repeatedly.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
Why do ZSS noobs keep coming here and posting their "synopsis" or "overview" or "review" or whatever the hell you want to call it, expecting us to be impressed or going "wow we never knew that"? Read the rest of the threads before you waste our time posting garbage that's been buried repeatedly.
Dang whats stuck up your butt, i just wanted something for the ZSS newbies, so they know what they are getting into.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Dang whats stuck up your butt, i just wanted something for the ZSS newbies, so they know what they are getting into.
If they can't use the search function to find the (insert over exaggerated number here) other threads exactly like yours, I don't think I want them here.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I think ZS Samus has a great and extremely versatile/unpredictable recovery, all her B-tilts are for recovery, each one for a different situation, each can bite.
She has no real draw-backs that a medium-light character can really have, if you take into account a D-Smash or charged shot should precede your grab.

Top Bottom