• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney North Shore Smashers

Hawki

Smash Cadet
So I know a majority of the active scene in Sydney is either south of the bridge of off into the western suburbs, which can be quite far out of the way for people on the North Shore/Northern Beaches to get to.

My goal here is to rally those of us that live north of the bridge, not to create a separate Sydney community, but more so to provide easier access to some competition that's closer to your home.

Currently there are about 6 of us that do the occasional meet up in the week, but if we could get more that would be great.

so if you're interested in getting into a scene closer to home, let me know what area you're in. Who knows, maybe we could form a North Shore Crew ;)

cheers guys.

Edit: forgot to mention we play 64,melee and PM

Edit 2: Forget all the skype stuff, Just PM me when you're free on smashboards. Additionally let me know how you get around, if by car or by public transport, it makes organising where meets can take place easier.

Last edited:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I live in the North Shore now and have a house that's well adjusted to hosting meets.

Kayne

Smash Rookie
I'm new to chatswood and pretty keen meet some decent smash players...

Hawki

Smash Cadet
I'm the brother, forestville for us.
Lindfield here
I'm new to chatswood and pretty keen meet some decent smash players...
Me and my brother are fairly new and we live near the northern beaches area and we would be happy to come to the occasional meet up.
That's awesome guys, my brother and I are in the roseville/lindfield area (close to the border of the two really) and we already meet up regularly with mates from forestville. Chatswood is also really close for us too :)

Let me know if/when you guys have free time during week-days/weekends (just generally)
or add me on Skype to keep in contact: nathan.0.o

Chum-2526

Smash Rookie
This is awesome, I literally finished moving in to my place in North Sydney yesterday! I'd be really keen for some meetups, and I could host some for Melee also.

Hawki

Smash Cadet
This is awesome, I literally finished moving in to my place in North Sydney yesterday! I'd be really keen for some meetups, and I could host some for Melee also.
good to hear man, check back here occasionally and I'll post some info about meets, otherwise add me on skype (see the name above) and we can keep in contact that way :)

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Yeah im located in North balgowlah keen for some games added you on skype, Dont be shy to join the Smash skype group.

Sensei

Smash Lord
I would love to visit Australia someday and SMASH it up with you peeps! I want to see if Emmi is the real deal and not some TAS ghost lol

Last edited:

Hawki

Smash Cadet
I would love to visit Australia someday and SMASH it up with you peeps! I want to see if Emmi is the real deal and not some TAS ghost lol
its a tas ghost, 'he' is not in the group anymore, but we still have great talent, look forward to the challenge dude :)

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
The Skype Netplay Group is very welcome to all kinds of smashers and we have a nice community going for everyone in Oceania, even if you don't play netplay.

Hawki

Smash Cadet
The Skype Netplay Group is very welcome to all kinds of smashers and we have a nice community going for everyone in Oceania, even if you don't play netplay.
Fine, noted

Now we're off topic, forget the skype group stuff, this thread is for IRL Northern Sydney smash meets.

please plug your group somewhere else star, sorry

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
Im in Neutral bay area, got a very limited group of people to play with atm, i dont really share my skype,- not even sure if i can do anything regular, but would be keen to play you guys sometime.

Last edited:

Birdies

Smash Rookie
my god, can we please get some meets going! this is so awesome! didn't realise there was so many people that play around here!!

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
Just for the record, i somehow got the online working with project m on my pal wii with usb loader gx etc etc
If we can all get it running we can run local online matches?

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Theres alot of people on the dolphin netplay if you want to play online, I get like 20 ping to people like star who live close.

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
how did you get online working over the wii?
So...i used the wiimmfi patch on the iso before i translated it to wbfs file for the usb to be read by the wii (usbloadergx).
I then loaded the homebrew-wifi version (i did it through the 2.1 loader and then replaced the files i needed to from the homebrew-wifi version onto ssid). then i just loaded project m normally.
I was on mac - so the wiimmfi file had to be used via terminal. im not sure on my exact commands as i accidentally closed the screen, im sure i could figure it out if i needed to.

now, im just having an error with the code 86420 - my cousin has since researched and sent me a guide for porting the code through from the wii - basically although i can connect to the online - enter friend codes etc, most of the time i cant join lobbys because of the error - the changes i make to my router's settings should make the difference and il let you know from there.

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
Theres alot of people on the dolphin netplay if you want to play online, I get like 20 ping to people like star who live close.
eh that would require a GCC adapter and it probably wouldnt work on my 2008macbookpro haha - seen the mac version of getting netplay to work and idk if my spec live up to what i need.

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah so - i realise this is my third post however -
I just got my online working perfectly,
connected to wimmfi servers.

I'm willing to help anyone local through the forums to get it running. Let me know if you want some help.

Assuming you already have offline project m working...
the steps you need to take are:

Patch your iso with wimmfi patcher - then load onto usb with wbfs mannager (i use wiijmanager) in the regular manner.
Load the homebrew-wifi files rather than straight homebrew. Inn the regular manner - (what i mean by this is, for me, it took a fair bit of back and forth just to get the original project m working, im not sure if it was as hard for you guys as it was for me, but whatever methods you used at the start - use them again with this version).

That should work to get you connected to the servers- however i had a further issue with error 86420 - which i have now solved.
We will get to that if the problem arises for you guys too...

Anyone interested?

Last edited:

Hawki

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, Probably organising a meet for sunday 14/9 from around 2 or 3pm till whenever you get tired ;)

if anyone is interested let me know

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Yeah im prob up for it, can we have some details on the location?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Reasonable chance I can make it. Looking forward to some North Shore Smash

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Any idea what will be needed to be brought? and what games are going to be played?

Hawki

Smash Cadet
At the moment we have 3crts, 1 melee and 1 wii(with PM) we could probably only fit 4 or 5(max) tvs in the space we have and about 14 people, if you're definitely keen PM me on skype or smashboards and i'll give you the details (don't really want to post my residential address on smashboards)

Hawki

Smash Cadet
OK this is a bit of a sad update.
Its awesome that so many are keen to play this weekend and that's great, but unfortunately I've overlooked the size of both mine and my brothers uni work load this weekend. So although we'd love to have a meet at our place (which will happen sometime this month don't worry) it's probably for the best if we don't host one this weekend.

if someone else can open their place for the meet i'm sure everyone would very appreciative.

Sorry again guys :(

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
OK this is a bit of a sad update.
Its awesome that so many are keen to play this weekend and that's great, but unfortunately I've overlooked the size of both mine and my brothers uni work load this weekend. So although we'd love to have a meet at our place (which will happen sometime this month don't worry) it's probably for the best if we don't host one this weekend.

if someone else can open their place for the meet i'm sure everyone would very appreciative.

Sorry again guys :(
Haha thats all good, same deal here - 1800 words due the day after the meet haha.
Worst case scenario we bump to another time - ive got a full week of break coming up before i go away for a few days.

Tiptup

Smash Cadet
I'm a north shore smasher, message me on the boards for my skype or simply ask for my email. I generally think we should a crew together for smash 4.

Just an idea, But if anyone is up for 3DS matches in October than i am definitely down. I need to train before I go for my USA road trip! ahah

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
I'm a north shore smasher, message me on the boards for my skype or simply ask for my email. I generally think we should a crew together for smash 4.

Just an idea, But if anyone is up for 3DS matches in October than i am definitely down. I need to train before I go for my USA road trip! ahah
wont be purchasing a wiiu - defs want to meet for some project m though, suppperrr keen

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
I'm interested in something like this, Lower North Shore but I might not be a regular depending on my schedule.

Siriaski

Smash Rookie
Does Crows Nest count as Northern? I have no idea. Only moved here a couple days ago. Would be neat to catch up with people or meet some new faces, add me on FB or text me or something, I don't have reliable internet to check this very often. =[

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
Does Crows Nest count as Northern? I have no idea. Only moved here a couple days ago. Would be neat to catch up with people or meet some new faces, add me on FB or text me or something, I don't have reliable internet to check this very often. =[
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Shore_(Sydney)

Yes and I think we are including Northern beaches. Pretty much anything on this side of the bridge. Welcome!

Last edited:
Top Bottom