• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sword Dance from the Ledge

ChrisWithAk

Smash Cadet
I dont know how closely you guys follow PPU but he showed off a new option from the ledge where you can sword dance from the ledge (and get all four parts) as long as you use the first part in the air before you grab the ledge (not usually a problem since Marths generally stall with this anyway) but I was jw how safe this is from the ledgehop or if it would be pretty easy to catch the jump and gimp marth pretty easily?

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
tbh i feel like if i tried this **** on my brother he'd shine spike me immediately.

insanely unsafe because if you get hit out of it in the air youre out of a jump AND your first side b

ChrisWithAk

Smash Cadet
Thats what I was thinking but I figured Kevin wouldnt be trying something if it was so unpractical. Maybe you can use your invincibility frames. Will have to lab grind it out later and see if it has practical uses right away.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
There's a chance that he hit the B button again a little too soon and just thought "f this imma put out all 4 to be funny"

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
I tried giving it a shot while practicing; this technique is incredibly unsafe in my opinion. I'd consider it more as a gimmick really than as a technique. Sure it can catch opponents off guard, but it isn't reliable enough to use at high level play. Plus if you miss time the input, you will fall below the ledge, which is incredibly dangerous on a stage like Battlefield or Pokemon Stadium, where you can get caught under the lip of the stage.

ChrisWithAk

Smash Cadet
FE_Hector FE_Hector he has a short video on how to do like his PPUniversity videos so its prolly not a troll.

But either way in the brief practice I did the window to pull it off and get back on stage is really small if you miss on battlefield or stadium you usually get caught under the lip, yoshis I almost always fell to my death before I could up b. Seems like a decent mixup on fd if I can get the timing right but if they see it coming its also an easy kill so not a consistent option against good opponents.

Top Bottom