• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Switch Mains?

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
I have been teetering on the edge of deciding whether I should switch mains from Ness to Fox. I really enjoy playing Ness and Fox. It is an odd phenomenon. I always feel as though my Ness play is far superior to my Fox play in terms of cleanliness, speed, and precision, but my Fox game gives me far more W's. In the end, the power between Fox and Ness is a huge difference. I never really know what to do. I have enough fun playing Ness, and I feel like he better displays my technical skill. I have about as much fun playing Fox and get more results.

Thoughts from the Ness mains everywhere? (Note: regardless, I'll be playing Fox against Shiek)

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Well, I am thinking I could keep Ness for when/if I get counter-picked to Final Destination or something. It's also a lot easier to chain-grab Fox there. It just seems like if I want to win or advance as a player, I will need to switch to a stronger character. Of the 26 characters available to me, Fox is the second most comfortable character in the game. I'm either hitting a wall that needs a lot more experience to get over, or I need to see where I can go with Fox. I will be in a tournament in about a month, so I can figure that out before going to EVO. It's not like I'll end up out of pools, but I'd like to give the best showing I can.

Top Bottom