• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Friend Finder Beta

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I'm pleased to announce the release of the SWF Friend Finder Beta, available now to all users who have entered a Brawl Code in their profile. If you haven't yet put your Brawl Friend Code in your profile, go to your User CP and click on "Edit Profile." From there, you'll be able to enter your Brawl Friend Code, which you'll need to list in order to use the Friend Finder.

This version is a beta, which is to say we're primarily testing it so that we can see how the server responds. If the Friend Finder causes a problem, we may shut it down temporarily, so please keep that in mind. That said, most of the basic functionality should be working. We encourage you to report any issues you notice either with the program or with other users who may be abusing the service. Use the "Report an Issue" link at the bottom of the Friend Finder to do this, or send me a PM.

We've made one significant change to the Friend Finder since it was announced, based on a suggestion we received. We've replaced the "Looking for" field with a new system of rooms. You'll be able to choose from a default set of rooms based on what you're interested in playing, or to enter a custom room with whatever name you want. When you choose a room, you'll see only those people who are also in the room (in addition to your buddies). Note that room names are currently case-sensitive, and you can see a list of all online users by not specifying a room (or choosing "All" on the dropdown menu). The rooms feature will make it helpful for you to meet up with people based on region, match type, crew, or whatever else you want, all without getting things too cluttered.

You can run the Friend Finder by visiting this URL: http://smashboards.com/ff/

You can also add the following code to your Bookmarks to load the Friend Finder in a small pop-up window (personally, I recommend this method, and when we add it to the navigation bar this will be the link we give out):
Code:
javascript:function swff() {swff=window.open('http://smashboards.com/ff/','friendfinder','width=400,height=700,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,location=no,statusbar=no,menubar=no');} swff();
Again, if you experience any issues, please send me a PM or (if you can) use the report link in the Friend Finder.

Top Bottom