• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF and Gamestop presents: Battle Network 5.5!

Dust

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! it's time once again for our bi-weekly tournament series to start back up for the new year! sorta... unfortunately, this will be one of the last two tournaments that will be ran at gamestop 566. This store will be closing down on February 12th.

This is our way of saying farewell to our friends at gamestop 566.

but anyway, on to the lighter news!

This Battle Network will have four events: melee Singles, melee Doubles, mario kart DD singles, and Mario kart DD doubles as the side event.

Date:

February 5th, 2012. Be there by 10:30 A.M. and we start at 11:30 A.M. (If you are late, there will be an extra $5 fee) Please be at the venue on time because we must leave by 9 P.M.! Punctuality is very important in running a tournament!

Venue: 3003 West Holcome Blvd Houston, TX 77025 "Gamestop". (Hint: It's in the same parking lot as the randalls and Barnes and noble.)

Events/Fees:

Melee Singles: $5
Melee Doubles: $10 ($5 per player)
Mario kart singles $5
mario kart DD Teams (side event): $10 ($5 per player)

Parking and food: There should be ample parking spaces for everyone coming and there's lots of food nearby! The closest food source is the Chik-fil-a in the parking lot of the Gamestop.

Setups:

PLEASE BRING SETUPS SO WE CAN ACTUALLY HAVE FRIENDLIES PLAYED AND HAVE THE TOURNAMENT RAN SMOOTHLY!!!!!!! IT IS SUPER IMPORTANT BECAUSE I'M RUNNING 4 EVENTS. 4!!!!!!!!!!! (Note; if people who bring full setups, you'll get into mario kart for free.)

Payouts:

Singles:
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

Doubles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Rules:
We will be using the MBR recommended ruleset for Melee. Here is the link to the ruleset: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257229

Kal

Smash Champion
I will probably make this. A quick note, you've written "$5 per team" when you probably mean "$5 per player."

Dust

Smash Rookie
I will probably make this. A quick note, you've written "$5 per team" when you probably mean "$5 per player."
Haha, thanks for pointing that out; i totally didn't notice that.

Top Bottom