• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sweetspot?

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
In Melee, Marth and Roy both had sweetspots on their swords. Does Ike inherit Roy's sweetspot on the center of his blade?

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, but i do know Ike's fsmash has more knockback at the center than the tip.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I don't know, but i do know Ike's fsmash has more knockback at the center than the tip.
It's true. However, hitting at the tip isn't nearly as bad as hitting at the tip with Roy. Ike has way more knockback and damage since he doesn't suck like Roy. :)

3xSwords

Smash Lord
I think that only applies to f-smash. Wait there's d-tilt, where the tip is a spike and the center has horizontal knockback. However, I think in terms of damage it deals the same all around even for tipper f-smash.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Fsmash in the center gives more horizontal knockback. Fsmash at the tip gives more vertical knockback. the entire sword is a spike for dtilt at the edge.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
^ I don't think thats true, because a lot of the time I hit them and they go horizontally.

And yeah the center of the sword in Ike's forward smash would be the sweetspot.

Top Bottom