• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sweet spot for Dair? What zones do what?

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
I know it can spike, but sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it shoots them upward. I assume there is a neutral spot, for juggling, spike spot, and sour spot, but I can't really tell where exactly they are. Has hitzone/box frame data been obtained yet?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Those screenshots are from the previous Project M version, idk why we haven't updated them. The sourspot got a bit smaller and was moved up compared to this picture :

Basically the sweetspot is the bulb, the sourspot is the spore explosion.

I believe the sourspot sends at 40-45° (+- 18° because of DI) to the side (whichever side of you the opponent is at), and the sweetspot is a meteor so it sends the victim straight down. I don't think there's a third hitbox that sends directly upwards.
But, like with every other meteor in the game, if you hit a grounded opponent with the sweetspot, they will bounce vertically. That bounce takes away 30% of your move's knockback but the hitstun remains the same, so they're closer to you when the hitstun wears off and thus it is a great way to start a combo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom